• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just finished. Wasn't so much digusted than angry. Overall absolutely boring.

I was so bored I didn't even finish it. I can see why it angered and offended people, I'm pretty conservative socially etc but I was like, meh the entire time. Basically I'm the type of person who should have been shocked and appalled by it. I wasn't .

Last month on a flight I saw the first half of Bridesmaids and my roommate rented it last night. Honestly, probably one of my favorite movies of the year. Yeah there was a lot of predictability and cliches but the characters were compelling and **** was actually funny. I probably liked it a little more than the hangover.

Philip

Reaction score
Bertolucci's Before the Revolution. That dancing scene was so beautiful :'(

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woman in the Dunes and The Face of Another by Hiroshi Teshigahara.

Both are ballin' on so many levels, it isn't even worth putting my own spin on it. Highly, highly recommended. And "The Face of an Another" is a damn stylish film as well, which SFers will enjoy I'm sure.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
watched the godfather on AMC. I had seen about 80% of it before, always in bits and pieces. Was good to see it as a whole (minus of course, those commercial breaks).

This is going to be obvious but holy **** is that a good movie. I mean, it is so much more than just a mafia movie.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^Have you seen GF II? IMHO, it's better than the first.

Not all of it and again, only in bits and pieces. Started GF II (part of a marathon) took a nap, and then left for dinner before the second third started so i gave up. will rent. it is pretty good from what i've seen. much more crime-driven.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i watched "its kind of a funny story" with my wife last night and it was great. we both really enjoyed it. i would highly recommend it.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The wife and I went out to see The Muppet Movie. Needless to say, it was awesome.

The other night we watched Due Date. Plenty of very funny scenes, would recommend for anybody looking for a good hard laugher.

Also recently caught From Paris with Love. The one where John Travolta has that weird shaved head. A decent shoot 'em up. Not a bad way to spend 90 min.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
skip mcgee!! the muppets are AWESOME. muppet treasure island is my favorite.

due date was hilarious, also i watched it at 2 am with my younger brother, that made it even better. western union scene had me on the floor.

and from paris with love was a fun shoot em up movie indeed.

that makes you 3 for 3 in my book on movies in that post. :fonz:

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

watched the godfather on AMC. I had seen about 80% of it before, always in bits and pieces. Was good to see it as a whole (minus of course, those commercial breaks).
This is going to be obvious but holy **** is that a good movie. I mean, it is so much more than just a mafia movie.

the hospital scene where michael said "just lie here, pop. I'll take care of you now. I'm with you now. I'm with you." was imo the most powerful and underappreciated scene. it perfectly showed that this movie wasn't just about the mafia.

Not all of it and again, only in bits and pieces. Started GF II (part of a marathon) took a nap, and then left for dinner before the second third started so i gave up. will rent. it is pretty good from what i've seen. much more crime-driven.

whatever you do, don't watch gf3

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the hospital scene where michael said "just lie here, pop. I'll take care of you now. I'm with you now. I'm with you." was imo the most powerful and underappreciated scene. it perfectly showed that this movie wasn't just about the mafia.
whatever you do, don't watch gf3

I've always felt that GFIII wasn't as bad and GFII wasn't as good as general believed. GFII is still a way better film, but it's not close to GFI in my opinion.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've always felt that GFIII wasn't as bad and GFII wasn't as good as general believed. GFII is still a way better film, but it's not close to GFI in my opinion.

i also feel GFIII gets too much hate, i thought it was alright. i think it may suffer simply because its not on the level of the other 2

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads