• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Does Styleforum do for a living? How does this affect the way you dress?

SamSpade

Reaction score

Interesting how you know how the members here devote their energies and talents. I don't pretend to. It's a clothing forum, clothing is, among other things, our hobby. We talk about clothing here. Do not presume someone is or is not doing their share to cure the ills of the world because he is not wearing sack cloth and ashes.
I'm guessing you are Catholic. I was born with that affliction as well.

Actually, Orthodox, a much more forgiving form of scam :).
But anyhow - I'm sure you're right within reason, yet there are also plenty of profiles with tens of thousands of posts behind them, and closet pics with tens (and even hundreds) of thousands of $ in plain view. It's just sad. I understand it, sociologically speaking, but it nevertheless suggests mostly bad things about the current state of civilization.

As for "curing ills" - nothing can be more oxymoronic than talking about it in a forum celebrating the uniform of the British businessmen and the attendant style sensibilities - you know, the uniform of the same criminal azzholes that pillaged and plundered the colonies and the rest of the world for profit, exploited and immiserated their own people, killing god knows how many in the process, before passing the torch to us... (Obviously we're good students, except the suits aren't quite as good.:slayer:)

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
27290966d1334433669-post-your-own-inspirational-tfp-pictures-oh-look-troll-arcee.jpg

:)

laphroaig

Reaction score

Let me basically sum up the existential situation of the typical SF-er:
A status anxious, middle class bourgeois homeboy, of average to slightly above average $$ means, let's say upper quintile of the income distribution (i.e. just enough to feel close enough that some simple signifiers of upper class lifestyle are within reach.) :slayer:
Recommended reading: C. Wright Mills - "White collar", V. Packard - "The Status Seekers".

That sums me up perfectly but that reading list is beneath me.

I am a Catholic priest of some standing, I wear nice red shoes made by Prada.

I believe it. I've seen the WAYWRN pictures.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
as a body language consultant I have to evince professionalism daily to justify my outrageous fees.

rwaldron

Reaction score
By day, I play the role of Civil Engineer (Coastal and Water Resources Engineering), but by night (and by noon on Fridays!) I am young man involved in and fascinated by Carnival in New Orleans.

albeindc

Reaction score
I'm a Software/Project Engineer for a large defense contractor, and most everyone is business casual (more emphasis on the casual). No need to get dressier than a nice shirt and slacks, ever. Sometimes a tie with a customer presentation, but that's about it. I've got my "work uniform" that I rotate through in my closet, so I hardly put any thought into what I wear for work. No consequence. I only put more thought if there's occasion to, such as interacting with a much higher level manager/executive. Corporate world blandness to the max.

D.B.Cooper

Reaction score
I'm a K-12 school district administrator so it's suits or sport coats for me most days. We go a little more casual in the summer, and I can go without a tie or even just a nice shirt and chinos sometimes.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I work for a Chevrolet dealership managing the Marketing, Internet Sales, and Customer Satisfaction departments. It gets fairly hot here in the summer (105 isn't uncommon), so polos are acceptable. Outside of the that, we need to wear a tie. It's a very casual dealership, but I could wear a suit if I wanted...although I'd get all sorts of **** from the guys for doing it.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i cant think of a single decent respectable SFer that has ever given me that impression.
Hmmmm....
I have more than 150 pockets squares I can not wear a jacket with no pocket square as I feel as if I forgot my pants
I saw a Dunhill Alligator coat wallet @ 2 200 euros. First I thought that it was very expensive but once home I measured that with the wallet, one could make 11 watch strapes. As a strap costs about 200 euros, the price of the wallet sounds logical. Is it expensive ?
My mistress made many scratches on my Rolex with her ring while I was playing with her *****. I am devasted ! I need to polish my Rolex, hope it will work. My advice = NEVER do anything sexual with a Rolex on your wrist
Good news = I managed to remove the scratches with a polish called OUATOR It took me more than 4 hours but my Rolex is mint again. My mistress likes me to keep my watch during our erotic games (it is a turn on for her) so she will have to take of her Cartier 3 gold weddig rings if she wants to ******** again
musicboohoo%5B1%5D.gif
There's more where that came from.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads