• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think is the point of the WAYWT thread?

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
L8 pass, but we need a circle jerk smiley.

Someone with skillz get on that.

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
And I'm being 100% serious when I say this but, I don't have a problem if you're gay and prefer to see one male pic after another in a constant stream of masculinity; however, I'm sure I can say I'm not in the minority of people around here who don't mind the occasional distraction and actually far prefer it to seeing yet another "sry bout my dirty mirrorz. didnt have time to clean the room
tongue.gif
" teen attempt at a photo.

The funny part is that the few girls who post on here are typically better dressed and take better photos than a good number of guys on here.

In summary, what the **** is it to you? If you don't like it, hit your spacebar a few times.

+1.

I'm an adult. I know how to dress myself. I mainly read the board to find out about new labels, new collections and sales. If the WAYWT thread was ENTIRELY women, I would prefer it.

breakfasteatre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
In summary, what the **** is it to you? If you don't like it, hit your spacebar a few times.

This is a discussion forum, and this thread is a discussion on what the point of the waywt thread is. Several women have posted in the thread, and regardless of how well they are dressed, and regardless of three posts out of millions regarding womens clothing, i dont see the point of it, other than to address their insecurities, which is really ******* lame.

Whackeds reply is not even worth responding to

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Okay but you don't need to do **** like photoshop her with giant breasts when it's her second post on the forum, for christs sake.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Uh... irrespective of whether this is or isn't a forum centered on women's clothing, I can have a valid opinion as to whether a girl is dressed well. Perhaps girls who post here are looking for those kinds of opinions. Or maybe it's just the community thing. Or maybe it's vanity. Who knows, there are any number of reasons why they might want to post fit pics and the fact that they're girls doesn't detract from the forum or anything, so why would you even care?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
This is a discussion forum, and this thread is a discussion on what the point of the waywt thread is. Several women have posted in the thread, and regardless of how well they are dressed, and regardless of three posts out of millions regarding womens clothing, i dont see the point of it, other than to address their insecurities, which is really ******* lame.

Whackeds reply is not even worth responding to

This is why we can't have nice things.

IRL, do you guys usually react to the presence of a woman by either commenting on her huge ******* or by becoming an instant stalker?

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never been in the presence of a woman, but I imagine that is how I would naturally react.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
This is why we can't have nice things.

IRL, do you guys usually react to the presence of a woman by either commenting on her huge ******* or by becoming an instant stalker?

rotflmao.gif

Seriously, you people worry me sometimes. I think women bring a valid dynamic to the thread, and as JD May pointed out, there can be useful opinions/critiques if a few bad apples didn't ruin the bunch.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
That was phrased ambiguously... Given that I can't think of a third option, I will assume that you are asking which of those we do in real life, in which case you should have added a poll. But I don't see why you can't do one then the other, am I right?

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
commenting on her huge *******

I mean, not to her face or anything.

becoming an instant stalker?

Only if she warrants it.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow.. that spambot actually dug up a cool thread. Interesting that there's a discussion about women posting in light of todays WAYWT discussion. These were the best posts regarding the OPs question imo:

Originally Posted by nyc_gaucho
well...there's what i would like to be the point of the waywt thread and what i think it actually is...

i would like it to be a platform for an open community of diverse people linked by a common interest in expressing themselves creatively through clothing, where they help each other out by lending insight through pictures of what they wear day to day and their criticisms...

what it is?...too often a spectacularly desperate and pathetic exercise in vanity

Originally Posted by jet
1. For some to show what they are actually wearing and don't give a f...
2. Some view it as a tool or for criticism to improve and gain insight and ideas
3. Others want to feel a sense of community or belonging and just want to contribute
4. The rest are insecure lops who try to floss by posting any/everything but fail miserably @ life

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics