• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Do You Do For a Living?

Canadian

Reaction score
In theory I work in customer service. Really, I show up at noon, stay till 5 and repeat 5 days a week. I make just over 1200 a month, an income supplemented by my parents generosity.

CK

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Unemployed, starting college soon... I am cashing in most of my investments and with tax return. Hoping to pay off my $6,000 in credit card debt. Then look into buying a cheap car ($5,000) or motorcycle ($7,500)... Then just focus on school and finding hobbies I enjoy.

But mean time. I am scrapping up as much scrap leather as possible from my mothers work (she's a seamstress for an aviation company). Hopping to make wallets, belts, and watch straps. To fill in some time and make a little side income... I am hopping to get a job at Nordstorms or Neiman Marcus. Filled out applications, so fingers crossed.

I have not a clue on what I want to do... But I can see myself as an accountant. :plain:

~Kurt

Apply a month before big sales, May and Nov/Dec for Nordstrom. Not sure when the women's sales are, but they pick up seasonal workers then. If you do well they might keep you full time and if not don't worry, you'll find an opening soon after. Also they hire random people to do inventory all you do is scan ****. But either way once you've been employed you have a good chance vs those who haven't. If you shop there and have a good relationship with an SA ask for a referral or ask your friends on facebook

Al in Philly

Reaction score
New to the forums here. I'm a molecular biologist and the clinical research coordinator for a biotech company near Philadelphia. Looking to get some professional style inspiration on these forums!

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
New to the forums here. I'm a molecular biologist and the clinical research coordinator for a biotech company near Philadelphia. Looking to get some professional style inspiration on these forums!

Sounds complicated. Welcome to the forums!

leatherheadff

Reaction score
I'm also new to the forum (officially, been lurking for a long time). I run a dispatch office for a transit agency. The only thing I don't like about my job is that I have to wear a uniform... A polyester uniform no less.

I also moonlight as a Firefighter to keep my EMT current while waiting to go to Medic school.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mercydcom