• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you do last night? (This is How We Roll)

TheClearanceGuy

Reaction score
bepoke and dancing swing and Foxtrot at a very close friend's wedding. Lots of good wine and conversation. Lots of political sophistry. You would have loved it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheClearanceGuy
bepoke and dancing swing and Foxtrot at a very close friend's wedding. Lots of good wine and conversation. Lots of political sophistry. You would have loved it.

A wedding on a Monday night? Very odd.

boozingalcoholic

Reaction score
hey M@T, I'm fairly new so I'm now too familiar with the board members and all but...

when did vietnam get so modern?! I visited there maybe 5-6 years ago and everything seemed kinda stuck in the past. The only thing that stuck out as modern were danceclubs, bars etc. I'm actually planning on visiting within the year so you're posts have kept me entertained. I'm just surprised about how modern it all sounds...

btw, I hope you don't mind, but what do you do?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by boozingalcoholic
hey M@T, I'm fairly new so I'm now too familiar with the board members and all...<snip>so you're posts have kept me entertained.
definitely unbannable. Kwilk, pay attention
smile.gif
when did vietnam get so modern?! I visited there maybe 5-6 years ago and everything seemed kinda stuck in the past. The only thing that stuck out as modern were danceclubs, bars etc. I'm actually planning on visiting within the year... I'm just surprised about how modern it all sounds...
Dont know that I would call the place "modern", but certainly it has changed so so much since I moved here (almost 5 years here now - which is a little scary in itself). So many new clubs, bars, restaurants, stores in that time. The expat community has grown (at a guess) fivefold. It is a lot less of a cowboy town than it was back then. Let me know if you come back, happy to take any and all forumites out for a drink.
btw, I hope you don't mind, but what do you do?
I run a PR firm.

boozingalcoholic

Reaction score
haha thanks. I apperciate it. Expats eh? I remember seeing a few here or there but tons of french ppl were around.

Hey its good to know that Vietnam is a bit modern. Its economy has been picking up since 5-6 years ago. Honestly, all I really remember was sitting on the roof of my uncles three story house (partly leather house/motorbike shop) in Saigon, drinking sodas and ppl watching. My other fond memory was taking a dump in my first outhouse in the Saigon country side. Very beautiful...the view I mean, not the actual outhouse.

Running a PR firm eh? Explains the drinking/fun you're having! My friend is assistant to the guy whos running Obamas campaign and she says thats all they ever do!

I also remember internet being horribly expensive for the ppl. From how much you post, it must be a lot better these days.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
oh everyone knows Manton is unbannable. There's a whole forum devoted to discussing it. May be a little Advanced for you. (ps - touchÃ
00a9.png
smile.gif
)

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh, quit slobbin on m@t's knob.

you to kwilk

K

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kwilk is always moaning about being a poor student. You should slip him a few dong when you slip him your dong

K

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Kwilk is always moaning about being a poor student. You should slip him a few dong when you slip him your dong K
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Last night I got piss drunk and listened to some great jazz. Tonight, going to some bar for a while.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Kwilk is always moaning about being a poor student. You should slip him a few dong when you slip him your dong

K

worship.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads