• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What brand consistently meets your standards?

pkincy

Reaction score
From both a fit and finish standpoint:

Shoes: John Lobb
tailored clothing: Kiton then Oxxford
casual slacks: Bernard Zin
Shirts: My Tailor
Ties: Talbott (I know, but I love the knot they tie)

Perry

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sartorio Kiton and Borrelli for odd jackets & Suits
Borrelli for Shirts
Attolini for Ties / Pocket squares & cashmere sweaters
Lobb, Edward Green and Martegani for Shoes
Pantherella and paul smith for socks
Glashutte Original for Timepieces
Orciani for belts
Borrelli and attolini for trousers

Mathew J

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tsaltzma
+1 on all of these.

Add Penhaligons for fragrance as well.

Add Gillette pre-cartridge. Old Gillette razors that use the double edge razor blades rock. I have one 60 years old and one 100 years old and they both look and function like new.

Muehle for Shaving/Grooming as well as Kent.....the interesting thing is Edwin Jagger and Muehle are exactly the same thing, the difference is Muehle is a much older namesake (believe EJ was started sometime in the 80s) and Muehle is German while EJ is British, that and EJ has a more classic look wheras Muehle is more modern....throw Merkur in there and that is a wrap.

Also since someone mentioned cookware I would throw in caphalon and Henckles pro S...cheaper than either Wusthof and All Clad and IMHO work just as well, just not as pretty.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Drydis Greis
http://www.kentbrushes.com/

And they're even cheaper than buying from a Stateside store...

Even cheaper if you buy seconds from their Ebay store. I usually can't find the flaw. When I can, it's something like an unusual knot in the wood or a few errant bristles.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
Even cheaper if you buy seconds from their Ebay store. I usually can't find the flaw. When I can, it's something like an unusual knot in the wood or a few errant bristles.

I purchased mine from the eBay store.

Mathew J

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto

Same here, buy the brushes from ebay and then recently bought a comb from bayside in fl....great stuff

17 Seconds

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mtlandfamous
Band of Outsiders.

This.

Wish I could afford more pieces, but the suit and shirt that I have are amazing. Always get compliments. Wore the suit to my wedding.

A.K.A.

Reaction score
Samuelsohn - never any label confusion, always high quality goods
Ermenegildo Zegna - (trousers only) never owned their suits, shirts, or sportcoats

Fashionsense

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Firstladyofsong
Loro Piana

+1 Not that I can afford to own a lot of them, but so far my experience with LP is hands down the most consistent and elegant RTW luxury brand, esp. outerwear.

Some of the others I like:
MUJI
Finamore
Uniglo
Barba
Borrelli
Incotex
Yohji Yamamoto
Arguably Apple

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Q-Tip
3M
Magnalite
Pilot Pens
Brooks Brothers Makers
Brooks Brother Golden Fleece
Alden
Kiehls

Montauk

Reaction score
I'm surprised that no one's mentioned good ol' (Italian) Polo RL. Obviously not quite as well made as RLPL, but with a shapely cut (I often size down for best results), wonderfully soft and bold fabrics (more interesting than most RLPL), and just the right dash of unapologetic anachronism (although I could do without the suede elbow patches). No other RTW line is so well-attuned to the Apparel Arts aesthetic that inspire many of us; worn with a little worldy wit (i.e. don't wear a damned fedora, but do wear bright socks!), it's classic without being cartoonish. Plus it's easy to find on the cheap. I've picked up literally dozens of beautiful Polo suits for the price of a couple topline bespoke, and frankly, I think many of them look better on me than a lot of guys' bespoke looks on them.
peepwall[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member