• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoryB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
depends, how many people are you going to fit inside of it at once? or will it be serving as a tent for a small gathering?

rimshot.gif

+1. Your comment actually made me check out the picture.

Stylez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Stylez, what distances do you run? And how are your times, if you don't mind saying? What is your age category? You look like you might run HS or college, and I have a cousin by marriage who is an elite miler.

Im a junior which is senior in HS and freshman in college. I'm more of a distance runner, I've ran a 35-36 minute 10K, sub 16 5K, 9:20 3K, and a 4:10 1500m. We usually dont train for longer distances than the 10K, because my club is more track oriented.

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rye, I'm a bit scared of posting a Pitti report only because I will end up praising the labels I work with and not saying very nice things about those I don't. All in all, it was an inspiring show. We all know how impossibly early this fair is for the sample manufacturers and because I went on the first day, I expected half of it not to be ready. Well, I got there at 10am and the atmosphere was already going at break-neck speed. Fantastic energy. I went straight to Engineered Garments and had a great time. Now, this is only my second order and I won't get my first delivery for a couple of months but I'm really in love with it. Nautica+Madras+Americana...I especially loved the navy blue ship-steering- wheel-speckled (or were they flowers?) fabric they used for almost everything and the madras plaids in different hues. They had cinch-back flat-front shorts which will be my uniform next summer. Next, I went to Clerk & Teller--- a british label I fell in love with last January. Great shirting and a really strong knitwear collection using Sea Island cotton which felt a bit more robust and infinitely more charming than Smedley. Unfortunately I cannot report on the sportswear/jeans halls as I decided to give them a miss. I also only walked briskly though the Tailoring hall. I only had one day and needed to use my time for my specific needs. One brand I also really liked was Tretorn---the sneakers were just on the right side of interesting without trying too hard and the apparrel had that robust, beachy, washed, beaten by the wind feel but not vintaged that some enlightened designers seem to be doing for next summer--- giving people an alternative from the really-dressed-up-slim-trouser-can't-sit-down-everywhere look propagated by brands from Acne to Hugo. Unfortunately they already have a retailer in my area so they could not open a new account. I also ordered a few pieces from Haversack, the only brand whose samples fit me perfectly (hurray Japan!) and which will hang beautifully beside EG and Folk Clothing.
The Pitti Uomo is always IMHO a great fair to visit because its the kick-off and you get the season's vibes right away. Also, there is such a diverse group of people from the industry that you get an amazing amount of input (whether you like it or not)--- I saw guys in 70's tennis shorts and tucked-in shirts strolling side-by-side with conservative tailors in their bespoke suits --- a mix you'll hardly ever see in any other show.
smile.gif

PS: Forgot to mention, thanks for the kind comments guys. Yes, I dared to take my own pictures amidst the fantastic outfits whizzing around me. I managed to find a couple of quiet corners and set the camera on the holy stones...
PPS: Rye, Now you owe me a Bread and Butter Barcelona Report.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really like the toe on those shoes. Do they run true to size like ferragamo or ae?

topik

Reaction score
MJK, for some reason I feel that a casual outfit like that would work better with sneakers. Kudos either way though, looks good.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
same ol same ol

Ben Sherman shirt
Cole Haan belt
Jean Shop jeans
Paul Smith socks
Brooks BrosxEdward Green captoes

622picdh5.jpg

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by topik
MJK, for some reason I feel that a casual outfit like that would work better with sneakers. Kudos either way though, looks good.

I don't disagree with that. I just wanted to wear something else besides my white neil barretts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads