• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anything planned for the holiday season? Aside from bourbon/rye + vanilla beans + orange rind. Egg nog--won't be making the Clyde Common one this year, probably one that focuses on bourbon/brandy. Any recs?
Anything else? For example, I've seen gin infused with spices on r/cocktails recently.
Catering firm I worked for back in the late 80's used to get vodka and infuse a variety of fresh chilli, basil, vanilla beans & cinnamon sticks, star anise into seperate bottles of vodka.Then put them into buckets with the chilli et all and freeze them. Arriving at the functions we would then decant the results which would melt down over the course of event, let the punters know what they were drinking. They had stands so the bar staff could tilt and pour the booze out and mix it.

I've bought Tanqueray 10, The Melbourne Gin Company Dry Gin, Four Pillars Rare Dry Gin and after another bottle to round out the summer with.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
88543388-C3A6-4C65-984C-EA74143664B6.jpeg
Friday arvo Bent Spoke Brewery a pint of Frenzy

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question for you guys: I'm thinking of selling a bottle of AH Hirsch 16 year old (gold cap), has anyone sold anything on the Bourbon Secondary Market on Facebook? If so, can you relate your experience? Thanks.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A6F705D5-98C2-4F1E-86C4-900042E7D8CB.jpeg
31c the Sun has gone over the yardarm (somewhere).

Matilda Bay Brewing Co originated in the mid 80’s in WA when one drank Boutique and not Craft beer.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was out Bourbon shopping for christmas gifts and this came as a recommendation from the store. I actually went with their other recommendation, a bottle of Old Forrester 1920.

On a side note, why is it that they specify where the stuff was bottled? We know that basically all bourbon comes from the same distillery, right?

Aneil4lom

Reaction score
I was out Bourbon shopping for christmas gifts and this came as a recommendation from the store. I actually went with their other recommendation, a bottle of Old Forrester 1920.

On a side note, why is it that they specify where the stuff was bottled? We know that basically all bourbon comes from the same distillery, right?

Wait, what? Bourbon comes from a bunch of distilleries. Easily over 100 distilleries produce bourbon.

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was a good article, thanks for posting. I was familiar with the high level facts around MGP already but the details made for a good read.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads