• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two Cuba Libres. Rest of the Gigondas. Martini Gran Lusso as apéritif. Barbados XO and now some DoubleWood as digestif.

Tomorrow I'm gonna abstain. :satisfied:

Last edited:

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some staples I just picked up for cocktails. Are these pretty good bottles for this price range?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not at all a fan of Cuervo, but everything else is pretty decent. I'd recommend bumping your price point up a bit in the future and getting something like Espolon or Milagro in the $20+ range.

Funny that you bought the top shelf curacao and cheap tequila :tounge:

The Flor de Cana is great, especially for the price.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since when does Sailor Jerry come in a sleeve?

Anyway, Project Paso Cab right now, likely a hot buttered rum next. I've really been enjoying those this fall already- I just made a big batch of the batter (recipe I used has 2 cups brown sugar and a stick of butter blended with spices, basically), rolled it into sticks, put 'em in wax paper and a ziplock, and stuck 'em in the freezer. You just cut off a chunk- about 1.5 T worth, more or less depending on taste- and add your rum and hot water.

Sailor Jerry would go really well in that, come to think of it. Haven't had spiced rum around for a while, should pick up a bottle.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay guys, after my PT test December first, I plan on making a **** ton of eggnog. I've used Alton Brown's recipe and am a fran. Anyone have any other good recipes? What do you guys put in yours? Bourbon, rum, or brandy?

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thats not a beer its chemical soup.

Good ol' VB mate?! Damn that brings back memories of my junior year abroad… VB and XXXX (Four "X") fights!

Okay guys, after my PT test December first, I plan on making a **** ton of eggnog. I've used Alton Brown's recipe and am a fran. Anyone have any other good recipes? What do you guys put in yours? Bourbon, rum, or brandy?

Saw the eggnog out last week already! I'm going to try to limit my consumption to 2 weeks this year. That ought to keep me under the 10 gallon nog/2 gallon booze/10 bazillion calories threshold. LOL Damn I loooove egg nog!

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, I have an amazing one. I make it every year. I'm now famous for it. Honestly, I stole it from a friend who was famous for it. That's why I can't give it out. This is a CRAZY high proof recipe, though. I've had eggnog last 10 months without going south, when kept in the fridge. That's right, kids, 10 months without spoiling. Not that I was inclined to drink it at that point, but you put enough fortification in dairy and the hands of time stand still. I would not have believed this if I hadn't done it myself, but it works. Plus my recipe doesn't even start to peak until 3-4 weeks in and is singing at 8 weeks. Strange, but true, very tastey, and very alcoholic.

Probably does not make a difference, but I use all organic dairy and eggs and premiumish spirits. I used to use Weller 107 as one of the key ingredients every year to make it ... those days are gone, however.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to the topic at hand, I'm drinking straight bourbon (still at the office) but am eager to return to the Applejack cocktails I started experimenting with last month. Looking forward to it -- also going to pick up a bottle Arkansas Black.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, I have an amazing one. I make it every year. I'm now famous for it. Honestly, I stole it from a friend who was famous for it. That's why I can't give it out. This is a CRAZY high proof recipe, though. I've had eggnog last 10 months without going south, when kept in the fridge. That's right, kids, 10 months without spoiling. Not that I was inclined to drink it at that point, but you put enough fortification in dairy and the hands of time stand still. I would not have believed this if I hadn't done it myself, but it works. Plus my recipe doesn't even start to peak until 3-4 weeks in and is singing at 8 weeks. Strange, but true, very tastey, and very alcoholic.

Probably does not make a difference, but I use all organic dairy and eggs and premiumish spirits. I used to use Weller 107 as one of the key ingredients every year to make it ... those days are gone, however.

What a tease.

yeah. that's a lot of f'in waffle without spilling any beans.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use the Velvet Tango Room's eggnog recipe, though I use half Zacapa for the rum, which makes it ridiculous.

joelscott7

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recipe for a basil smash that could be made a batch at a time. I am hosting a party and don't like the drink, but my wife and her friends do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads