• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

turkoftheplains

Reaction score

^ What's the verdict on Tanq 10? Never really been sure if I preferred it to regular Tanqueray.

I prefer regular Tanq myself, 10 drinks much cleaner and has less character. I like my London dry to have a very aggressive juniper flavor. 10 is softer but without the complexity the new american-style gins have.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you felt black energy in you lately?
Swallow some vitamin M.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Star of Bombay, @turkoftheplains? I ordered it cause I got 1 l for 38 €, which is what 0.7l usually sell for.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ What's the verdict on Tanq 10? Never really been sure if I preferred it to regular Tanqueray.

Never was a Tanqueray drinker and only recently came to Tanqueray 10 after having one at a restaurant. It has a crisp clean citrus taste with elements of botanicals which is complemented by the lime. I use Fever Tree tonic or an Australian one Capi.

I came back to gin via Bombay Sapphire and gin is one of the pleasures of summer in my book. I also have half bottle of Hendricks, Four Pillars Rare Dry Gin and Martin Miller thinking of adding a Monkey 47.

Last edited:

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Preferr the FdC 12 over the 18, myself. I love well-aged rum, but at some point it seems to lose all its rum "character" and is becomes a caramel/oak bomb.

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, had some more of the 18 yesterday. It is indeed very oaky. I'll have to try them side by side. Anyway, qpr of both is pretty great (22 € vs 29 €).

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, hard to pass up at that ratio. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy it. But at some point, it seems, I'm almost not even drinking rum anymore.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any other rye drinkers? I've gone from scotch to bourbon and now on a rye kick. Wondering if there's any recommendations? I've had knob creek, col taylor, jeffersons, bulleit, and angels envy so far.

Love rye, though I have not tried many of the new ones that have come out in the last year. I mix with Bulliet, and drink Saz 6, KC, or Handy (or Old Potrero if I want something different). Still have some Vintage 21 and Ritt 25 when I want something special.

- H

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Saw this on Saturday. 1.75 litre is a nice size.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rittenhouse is the best regularly available rye around, IMHO.

Love rye, though I have not tried many of the new ones that have come out in the last year. I mix with Bulliet, and drink Saz 6, KC, or Handy (or Old Potrero if I want something different). Still have some Vintage 21 and Ritt 25 when I want something special.

- H
Thank you both for your recommendations. It looks like I have a few new ones to try. Rittenhouse seems to be much cheaper near me than the rest too. Handy is over $100 here. I'll pick up a few different bottles and report back!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads