• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Havana Club Cuban Barrel Proof. Delish.

Drew, this is actually the next bottle on my "to-pick-up" list. Cost will be $55. Worth it?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
totally, it's amazing rum- would choose over something like Zacapa 23 or Zaya anyday, and it's about the same price.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Today's Gin & Tonic with the Fentimans Tonic Water. Great stuff. Not as floral and spicey as the 1724. It's rougher. But great nonetheless. I remember now that I had their coke from Harrod's back when I was in London. It's pretty good, too. But why the heck do they even sell 125ml bottles? :confused:

had a G&T like that last night... I like the Fentiman's, but in my neck of the woods it seems ridiculously overpriced.... maybe $7-$7.50 a 4-pack. I don't think it's THAT good.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

had a G&T like that last night... I like the Fentiman's, but in my neck of the woods it seems ridiculously overpriced.... maybe $7-$7.50 a 4-pack. I don't think it's THAT good.

That is a good price for it, at least by US standards.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is a good price for it, at least by US standards.

hmmm... well whataya know. I mean it IS good. I've only recently gotten into more quality tonics... more botanicals, interesting makes, no chemicals or HFCS. I had Q Tonic that is sweetened with agave nectar..that's pretty good too. oh... and drinking G&T w/ Tanqueray Rangpur and tonic I got at Whole Foods! :embar: but it's decent! :happy:

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bar Tonique - my new favorite bar. They make everything from scratch including tonic, ginger beer, syrups, and a whole host of other ****. Had a corpse reviver, ramos gin fizz (they used an actual egg!), dark and stormy, and a few other drinks. They put cointreau in the Ramos mix and drop orange flower water on top of the foam before serving. Made it a bit too orangey/floral for my tastes. Still good though. They served the CR in a highball glass which I didn't care for. If you ever go, get a mint julep. They have an ice crusher and they serve it like a crushed ice you would get at a carnival. So cool.

Glad you made it out there--what a great, great bar.

DC101

Reaction score
going to Dallas 2 weeks from today will be staying at the four seasons in irving. recommendations for cocktail joints i should visit?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My favorite liquor store for spirits in San Francisco, Cask. From the same folks that brought you Bourbon & Branch.

i know this place, its on 3rd street, how is their pricing? K&L (close by) has some good prices on scotch/whiskey but its mostly wine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads