• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coors.

Yea, they got nothing better on tap, what's a man to do I am waiting on someone and I have a seat at the bar and there are girls with skimpy dreasses

Feel like making this sound like some bob dylan song....

Last edited:

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a couple Pimm's cup and some Abita Amber this afternoon. Right now I'm just kicking back with a glass of Johnnie Walker black....

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Had a cheap french pinot noir with pizza that gave me a headache and I took a nap on the living room floor with the dog for a couple hours this evening because Mrs TOJ was laid out on the LC2 with what was probably the same headache, and now i'm here post-nap catching up on personal emails drinking some Havana Club 7 and Coke.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gran Centenario Añejo tequila in stemmed spirits glass.

Nice fave for tequila in mid-range.. Bought 2 bottles recently since state liquor board is discontinuing it.
Oddly, the marked down price was 1/2 off, but yet a similar price to what those in CA pay for it. That's one thing CA seems to be actually cheaper than Midwest. :dozingoff:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Gran Centenario Añejo tequila in stemmed spirits glass.
Nice fave for tequila in mid-range.. Bought 2 bottles recently since state liquor board is discontinuing it.
Oddly, the marked down price was 1/2 off, but yet a similar price to what those in CA pay for it. That's one thing CA seems to be actually cheaper than Midwest. :dozingoff:

depends on where you are in the Midwest, and I guess what you consider the Midwest. Some states are indeed quite expensive for liquors while some are pretty cheap - Missouri is not too bad, I think Ohio is expensive and has those weird ass 40 proof liquors unless you buy them at a bottle shop, etc, etc,

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

depends on where you are in the Midwest, and I guess what you consider the Midwest. Some states are indeed quite expensive for liquors while some are pretty cheap - Missouri is not too bad, I think Ohio is expensive and has those weird ass 40 proof liquors unless you buy them at a bottle shop, etc, etc,

Yeah, I'm sure states like IL and OH certainly have higher liquor taxes than MO. Just look at the in-effective state govt.

As far as what's Midwest... MO, NE, KS , IA, ect. certainly are Midwest no doubt. Smack dab in Great Plains. I would actually argue some states that are midwest are split between one side as Midwest and the other side as East like OH and possibly KY (though KY will say South).

Last edited:

alexg

Reaction score
Told the bartender to surprise me with a bourbon cocktail. Got an Allegheny. Not bad, but I felt it could use a bit of bitters or something to counter all the fruit.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pappy Van Winkle 20 yo. From fall 2009 IIRC. Teaspoon of water. I think ama would be horrified to learn the bottle's been 1/3 full for about 6 months now..

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pappy Van Winkle 20 yo. From fall 2009 IIRC. Teaspoon of water. I think ama would be horrified to learn the bottle's been 1/3 full for about 6 months now..

:embar: I would decant or gas something that good and expensive though.

Also, 6mo for 1/3 of a bottle of Pappy? Youz slackin'!

Crawford

Reaction score
For my girlfriend last night
2 Parts Vodka
1 Part Triple Sec
1 Part Grand Marnier
2 Parts Cranberry Juice
1 Part Lemon Juice
1 Dash Orange Bitters
1 Dash Cherry Bitters

Shaken over ice, in a cocktail glass. Sort of a small variation on the Cosmopolitan. She liked it. For me, just regular Coke, because Saturday night was spent drinking excess amounts of cheap beer and jager bombs.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tiny gueuze
315019_10100480412122210_15904009_53489070_1268084088_n.jpg

I had Lindeman's Faro the other day, it was nice.

I'm drinking an english style IPA that I homebrewed right now. It's good but even more bitter than I expected and about 11% so pretty damn potent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads