• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Isn't it usually? I am thinking of the Savoy recipe -- share if you have a recipe with. ~H
Actually you might be right. Just couple of my favorite bars used egg white. This is my recipe : 1 1/2 oz. Gin (I really like Beefeater with this cocktail) 3/4 oz. Cointreau 3/4 oz. lemon juice 1/2 oz. simple syrup 1 egg white

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Beefeater?
crazy.gif

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Beefeater?
crazy.gif

What problem could there conceivably be with that? It's a pretty dang good gin.

Gin is one spirit where the price tag can be largely ignored, above a certain point. It's not aged, the differences are in flavor profile and strength. Beefeater is at a standard London 94 proof and has a very versatile profile. Certainly it has citrus notes that go well in a white lady, though I must admit not having really bothered with egg whites in drinks, so I don't know how that would affect gin choice.

jobro

Reaction score
Beefeater?
crazy.gif

I don't like Beefeater martinis but for a mixer it does well. I don't mind Gordon's in a martini tho.

Gin is one spirit where the price tag can be largely ignored, above a certain point. It's not aged, the differences are in flavor profile and strength. Beefeater is at a standard London 94 proof and has a very versatile profile. Certainly it has citrus notes that go well in a white lady, though I must admit not having really bothered with egg whites in drinks, so I don't know how that would affect gin choice.
+1

Jayhawk1412

Reaction score
Some Johnny Walker Black on the rocks
smile.gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Warren G.
Actually you might be right. Just couple of my favorite bars used egg white. This is my recipe : 1 1/2 oz. Gin (I really like Beefeater with this cocktail) 3/4 oz. Cointreau 3/4 oz. lemon juice 1/2 oz. simple syrup 1 egg white
Right, gotcha -- my favorite bar uses egg white as well, but with a twist of some sort that I haven't figured out. Thanks for the recipe -- have to check but seems the same as mine.
Beefeater?
crazy.gif

Originally Posted by cptjeff
What problem could there conceivably be with that? It's a pretty dang good gin. Gin is one spirit where the price tag can be largely ignored, above a certain point. It's not aged, the differences are in flavor profile and strength. Beefeater is at a standard London 94 proof and has a very versatile profile. Certainly it has citrus notes that go well in a white lady, though I must admit not having really bothered with egg whites in drinks, so I don't know how that would affect gin choice.
Yeah, I rock Beefeater as my well gin, too. ~ H

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw a bottle of North Coast Brewing Co. Old Stock Ale 2009 Cellar Reserve at the store - anyone ever have it? Is it worth price?

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnGalt
Just saw a bottle of North Coast Brewing Co. Old Stock Ale 2009 Cellar Reserve at the store - anyone ever have it? Is it worth price?

How much was it? I have 2 bottles of this and will likely clean out the store for the rest of their supply.

I've had the 2010 Old Stock, not the CR, and it was very good. I imagine the CR to be better.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL you can't go wrong with it
smile.gif
I go through gin like water. I normally have 4 bottles on hand. Anchor Junipero for my Martini, Plymouth and Martin Miller for my cocktails. I used Beefeater for certain cocktails, or when I'm experimenting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads