• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

DandySF

Reaction score
A Chardonnay from the Flowers winery in coastal Sonoma. I'm a fan of decanting big white wines.

winesm.jpg

wine2sm.jpg

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I call this drink the "no rye or vermouth - Manhattan."

2oz Eagle Rare bourbon
1oz Lillet Rouge
0.5oz Cherry Heering
2 dash Angostura bitters
Garnish with a cherry.

The cocktail is actually decent. Of course the delicate flavors of the lillet have completely disappeared, but the final result is sort of like going to a Thai restaurant in Guatemala. You taste hints of familiar flavors here and there. But, overall, you are consuming something very different than what you ordered.

For the record, although I never run out of rye, I did run out of my Vya sweet. So I decided to get creative. Oh well, the process was fun.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Doesn't sound bad. I do something very similar, but with Dubonnet Rouge and Scotch (keeping the Heering).

~ H

ErnestoG.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pscolari
I wish I could get Bell's here in Boston and while I am at it wish for 3 Floyd's too. I can't complain though I can get pretty much everything else.

Looking forward to the American Craft Beer Fest next weekend!

what session are you going to? im going to the saturday night session

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to the American Craft Beer Fest next weekend!

Originally Posted by ErnestoG.
what session are you going to? im going to the saturday night session

I will be there on Friday night. I originally thought Sat night like you, but I am meeting up with some friends and the plans changed. Should be a great time. Do you live in town?

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another original cocktail...this one I like better:

2oz Buffalo Trace bourbon
1oz Lillet Rouge
0.5oz Maraschino liqueur
0.5oz Benedictine
Garnish with a cherry

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sazerac.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Sazerac.

What do you use as a base? Rye, I am assuming? What brand? I've always found the Saz 6 to be exceptional, but I'm curious.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sazerac 6! I've used Sazerac 18, too, but I cringe. I've also split the base with any random VSOP, too, but nine times out of ten it is Sazerac 6.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Samuel Smith India Ale Stole the pic
br_-_sam_smith_ipa.jpg
Good.

ErnestoG.

Reaction score
I will be there on Friday night. I originally thought Sat night like you, but I am meeting up with some friends and the plans changed. Should be a great time. Do you live in town?

ya i was thinking friday at first but my 21st birthday is on friday so i have other plans, mostly drinking as much beer as possible. i live in suburbia southwest of boston.

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
Just wrapped an exceptionally productive (and slightly lucky) day of work, waiting for the wife to finish getting ready to go out for dinner, perfect time to be enjoying a Duvel and catching up on SF.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wild Turker Rare Breed. I've had this bottle for awhile now and tonight is the first I have dipped into it. Still tastes like the kickin chicken i remember back in school but also has a couple of nice layers of vanilla, rye, and caramel.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mafgd