• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
We're really been enjoying Fire Block this last year too. Both Grenache and Shiraz. Incredible how old those vines are in Oz! 1923 I think?

Not sure about the Shiraz but it says that the Grenache was planted in 1926.

We only have the Grenache at my job right now but I'd love to try the Shiraz.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
OH and Pio you're right...if Chard was my official cross over from red to white, it's the Torrontes thay's keeping me here...that and a good Vionger
wink.gif

The first day of my wine class, my teacher told us that women need to be afraid of Viognier and guys are going to love it. He said it was so easily drinkable that it was known as the "panty dropper," so ladies, if you see a guy order it, don't drink too much, and guys, order as many bottles as she'll drink.
laugh.gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
orson-clapping.gif

LOL, thanks. I wonder what he's watching, though -- dude looks like he is on the edge of le petite mort.
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
The first day of my wine class, my teacher told us that women need to be afraid of Viognier and guys are going to love it. He said it was so easily drinkable that it was known as the "panty dropper," so ladies, if you see a guy order it, don't drink too much, and guys, order as many bottles as she'll drink.
laugh.gif

Love Vigonier.

bobdobalina

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
FTFY. I didn't drink beer for nearly ten years after reaching legal drinking age for having tasted Budweiser in my youth -- but wine, scotch, bourbon and gin suffered no similar fate. Bud is truly is a travesty that sucks life and ability to appreciate existence out of people while making them fat.

~ H

In Praise of Budweiser (contains extended footnotes)

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bobdobalina
In Praise of Budweiser (contains extended footnotes)
That was on point! I salute you. I don't like how Budweiser tastes, and beyond that, I don't find that it really has enough going on to see how others really enjoy it. I don't even find in it the beauty of blandness. But that is subjective and not really all that admissible. My discomfort with Bud is that it seems to in every way be a beacon for mediocrity and dullness. Bud is the beer of getting by. It is a thing that you do. It's not something you enjoy, not something that adds to your life and inspires you to go looking for more and better life -- rather Bud seems to inspire people to have another Bud. This, on a philosophical level, saddens me greatly. The things in my life elevate the moments of life, not merely help me get through them. Now it seems you really enjoy your Bud. If so, you are the first to ever express that feeling to me, and if that is true than I wish you well and good health. But I believe you are in the very great minority. ~ H

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
IMG_0205.jpg

Matched with the ribs well. Now, manhattan with CC Sherry Cask and Vya, dashed of both Fee Brother Orange and Angustora bitters.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Evan Williams and caffeiene free Diet Coke. I am pretty drunk. heading out to a party with Evan, maybe some Guinness. So who knows what kind of trouble I'll get into. I love college.
smile.gif

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Made a nice dinner, seared Skate with lemon and butter and then some figs stuffed with gorgonzola, Italian parsley, walnuts that's baked and then served with prosciutto.

Consumed with this, un regalo de mis amigos Mexicanos:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I've always liked that style of cork screw. I use "The Rabbit", it was a re-gift from my GF's grandfather a few years ago. Way too big and complicated, but I must admit that pulling the cork out is nearly effortless.

Update: Sam Adams Octoberfest is on hand.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
Update: Sam Adams Octoberfest is on hand.
How is this years version? Last year was pretty decent but two years ago it was horrible.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Getting ready to drink this: Just opened it with my brand new this:
lag4.jpg
lag3.jpg
lag2.jpg
lag1.jpg
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
So purdy.

I have that Laguiole with the olivewood handle! Nice score there! (spendy blighter though, isn't it?) ~ H

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20yr Mortlach cask strength courtesy of the D & M Single Malt Aficionados' Club. Excellent scotch and phenomenal club!

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
20yr Mortlach cask strength courtesy of the D & M Single Malt Aficionados' Club. Excellent scotch and phenomenal club!
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tasting notes?! You're killing me here. I wish I was in a state that allowed me to participate. ~ H

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads