• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wearing cufflinks ?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it would be nicer if you limit the choices .. it makes my head spin ..
I tried to cover all possibilities ans then avoid misunderstandings like for exemple people who wear them often (never mind when can be in job or WE) and people who wear them only in job (so often but just for job)

Phil

Reaction score
am I in the minority, or is Ernest perhaps the most annoying person in the world? Im not trying to start some kind of flamefest, but damn it, enough with the insipid polls already. You like cufflinks, wear em. You dont, dont wear em.

joseanes

Reaction score
I would also like to see simpler polls. Maybe splitting the poll in two. For next time: Poll 1 - Do you use cufflinks: a) Always b) Sometimes b) Never. Poll 2 - When do you use cufflinks: a) Special Ocassions b) Whenever I use a Suit c) Casually d) all of above e) a + b Just suggestions. I do find a lot of value on these polls. I love them. Thanks for posting it. Post more
smile.gif
As for my opinion on cufflinks.... I love them, although I only have three shirts for cufflinks. If I had more, I would use them every time I use a suit or sportscoat.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
am I in the minority, or is Ernest perhaps the most annoying person in the world?  Im not trying to start some kind of flamefest, but damn it, enough with the insipid polls already.  You like cufflinks, wear em.  You dont, dont wear em.
If you do not like my polls, do not participate, simple.

If you do not like my post, post more interesting ones and people will reply to them...

This is called freedom.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would also like to see simpler polls.  Maybe splitting the poll in two.  For next time:  Poll 1 - Do you use cufflinks:  a) Always b) Sometimes b) Never.  Poll 2 - When do you use cufflinks:  a) Special Ocassions b) Whenever I use a Suit  c) Casually d) all of above  e) a + b Just suggestions. I do find a lot of value on these polls.  I love them.  Thanks for posting it.  Post more
smile.gif
As for my opinion on cufflinks.... Â I love them, although I only have three shirts for cufflinks. Â If I had more, I would use them every time I use a suit or sportscoat.
I guess this is no use to make 2 polls when we can do in one. What is not clear in my poll? Which cas is not in it?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would also like to see simpler polls.  Maybe splitting the poll in two.  For next time:  Poll 1 - Do you use cufflinks:  a) Always b) Sometimes b) Never.  Poll 2 - When do you use cufflinks:  a) Special Ocassions b) Whenever I use a Suit  c) Casually d) all of above  e) a + b Just suggestions. I do find a lot of value on these polls.  I love them.  Thanks for posting it.  Post more
smile.gif
As for my opinion on cufflinks.... Â I love them, although I only have three shirts for cufflinks. Â If I had more, I would use them every time I use a suit or sportscoat.
So you answered "from time to time" ?

Phil

Reaction score
I do post interesting ones, when I actually have something interesting to say. Unlike you, however, I dont think every thought in my head is fodder for a post or a poll or whatever you feel like droning on about.

drljva

Reaction score
Your opinioN ?
Actually waited until I was 30 years old to start wearing cuff links -- once there, I made up for lost time. ;-)

When I'm in London (and Europe, in general -- with Italy being a notable exception...), I wear them almost exclusively.

In Washington, DC, I wear them once or twice a week, but usually not more than that. Depends, too, on whether I'm wearing a suit, or just wearing a SC and slacks.

JV

Jofaile

Reaction score
I have come to the point now that I do not own button-cuff shirts. Over the past year or so, I have slowly fazed them out and replaced them with French-cuff spread collars. It was not even a conscious decision; each time I donated to goodwill or gave away my clothing to my younger cousin, it was always the button-cuff dress shirts that went. French-cuffs were always more comfortable (as strange as that may sound) and a bit more stately (I, for one, think that an improvement). And since I do not wear jewelry of any kind, save my watches (and I do love my watches
biggrin.gif
), cuff-links are a welcome addition to my ensembles. By the way, if anyone has or knows of any vintage silver Art Deco cuff-links that are being sold, please email me. I am starting up a collection and would love to add to the four sets I have now.

rws

Reaction score
I enjoy wearing cufflinks and cuffknots. I also enjoy Ernest's polls and posts -- thanks, Ernest.

stuarts8

Reaction score
I have come to the point now that I do not own button-cuff shirts. Over the past year or so, I have slowly fazed them out and replaced them with French-cuff spread collars. It was not even a conscious decision; each time I donated to goodwill or gave away my clothing to my younger cousin, it was always the button-cuff dress shirts that went. French-cuffs were always more comfortable (as strange as that may sound) and a bit more stately (I, for one, think that an improvement). And since I do not wear jewelry of any kind, save my watches (and I do love my watches
biggrin.gif
), cuff-links are a welcome addition to my ensembles.
Hi Jofaile. I am like you , I do not own any button cuff shirts and stopped wearing them Long ago. I only own French cuff shirts. I enjoy wearing cufflinks and wear them casually with an open neck shirt as well frequently with Jeans. When it is very hot ,Iwill unfasten the cufflinks(leaving them in the cuffs) and fold the sleeves back twice but I like to leave the Links in when I do that. How do you mean French cuff shirts are more comfortable? Cheers Stuarts8

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads