• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

washington D.C. - best places/stores to shop?

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As SF's Last Remaining Rag & Bone Fan, I'll have to check that out. Even though FW11 looked pretty nasty, they still churn out some pretty great everyday pieces

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am doing MTM shirts and suits. They kick total ass and will crush anything else you wear.
Just so you guys know.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
AC, thanks for the bump. Didn't feel like searching this thread.

On the r&b front my initial reaction was they're about two years late and who still buys their ****? (side note the black control shirt is still probably one of my grail items and they've produced a cardigan each successive f/w that I've lusted over but never got a chance to get a hold of)

Perfect timing for DC. I actually liked the designs of their clothes and the jeans fit. Never got around to buying any of it. Will check the store out one of these days.

rush440

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Everyone seems to think the face of DC is an SAIC deputy program manager driving an Audi A8 to the Macaroni Grill. That's the face of NoVA.

fixed
mwink[1].gif

Loudoun County here! Oh yeah, you all know you're jealous!

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
In DC this weekend. Mostly Adams Morgan. PM me anyone who wants to grab a beer (although I'm not 100% sure what my availability will be). Probably not checking PMs or the forum after Friday afternoon or so, but I can shoot you my cell phone # so we can coordinate by text/sext (yes Lane, I mean you
mwink[1].gif
).

Blog Marley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lane's from the area?

Apparently Lost Boys is having a cook out on Saturday. Spiked Arnold Palmers sound interesting.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just FYI..

The Denim Bar of Bethesda is closing its doors on June 15, 2011. We have enjoyed the Bethesda area and appreciate your business over the years but have decided to consolidate and focus on our flag ship store located at Pentagon Row, Arlington, VA. Stop in Bethesda to take advantage of reduced prices off your favorite brands; Nudie, Joe's, Citizens of Humanity, Michael Stars, Velvet, and Stone Rose just to name a few. Come early and shop around.

Mary Alexandre

Owner, The Denim Bar

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Checked out the Rag & Bone store in Georgetown yesterday. Place was cozy and busy and the SAs were pretty cool to talk to. Also neat to have most of the collection in one place, even though the bulk of it was pretty boring. Perhaps the best part of the store was its potential to signal the area's shift toward more boutiquey shopping. Let's hope!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah the store's setup is nice. but of all the brands i wanted in DC, R&B was not one of them. R&B can be easily found anywhere (even across the street at barneys and online) now a days and it always goes on sale so no point buying at retail. but you are right, hopefully it is a sign of things to come
smile.gif

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saks not carrying Jil, Mcqueen anymore, Bloomingdale's not carrying MMM anymore, nothing but Vince., D&G and Dsquared2 as far as the eye can see.

Rage.

What's Georgetown Co-op carrying these days?

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It still has Margiela, though maybe just one or two racks with a good bunch marked down. My favorite offering was the 5-zip technofabric jacket which is like $550 now. Most well represented brand by far was-- wait for it!-- Rag & Bone. We're being invaded.

Some new cool denim, though. Momotoro x NF collab, some fun Raleigh stuff. They also had a Surface to Air harrington which was my favorite piece aside from the 5-zip.

Ermac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NameBack
Did the tasting room at Restaurant Eve last night in Alexandria with the girlfriend; really loved it.

Probably the best dining experience I've had -- strictly in terms of food I've had better, but the whole experience was really great at Eve. Service, attention to detail, ambience, comfort, it was all great. I like any place that gives me a palate cleanser after the amuse and a pre-dessert before my dessert course, not to mention personalizes my menu for my anniversary and provides a little anniversary tote bag with some of their (awesome) butter and a little package of their house scone mix.

Although I have to call bullshit on one thing: my fish course was allegedly "Tasmanian Sea Trout" which I'm 99% sure is not a real thing. Looked/tasted like salmon. Really, really good salmon, but still salmon.

Late quote but I went to Restaurant Eve for my 21st, spectacular place. Their 'Birthday Cake' dessert is to die for.

Apparently the night before I went, Obama dined there.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Saks not carrying Jil, Mcqueen anymore, Bloomingdale's not carrying MMM anymore, nothing but Vince., D&G and Dsquared2 as far as the eye can see.

Rage.

What's Georgetown Co-op carrying these days?

Bloomis hasn't had mmm for like 2 years. They still have prorsum.

Originally Posted by dopke
Anyone have any place in NoVA/DC to get a pair of jeans hemmed?

I'd do it for you if I were still there.

http://www.styleguise.net/forums/ind...dior-jeans-r15

Originally Posted by slack tide
Just FYI..

Didn't denim bar in Bethesda only carry women's stuff?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
_scottyo