• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neorotic

Reaction score
1) Mine were sand suede, and they didn't seem to stretch out at all.

Good to know, looks like I need to put my pair up for sale now :(

fire2368

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm going to Japan soon, and I read a few pages ago that Visvim only takes resoles over the counter. I gave them a call and this is the case.

I read something about them not using their customs soles for the resole, I haven't been able to find a natural colored sole for most of my shoes and I also what them to resole my ICT Grizzlies which are rare enough as they are (don't really trust anyone else touching them). Does anyone know for sure if they can resole using the original soles that is on the shoe?

AFAIK, they do a lot of custom color soles from Vibram, and not necessarily custom like the ones on some Virgils.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this sucks, but because information is fairly spotty as most of us are not based out of Japan, best to go in person and get the downlow so we all know. Will be a bummer carrying around extra pairs if they cannot help, but we would appreciate any insight! There's a local Japanese guy who has done several visvim resoles which look awesome. If visvim doesn't work out, maybe you can drop stuff by this guy's shop. His IG is kutu_nakajima

fire2368

Reaction score
Thanks Fycus, I'll bring a few pairs and let you all know how it goes.

I'll bring a fabro folk, grizzly ict and an old virgil before criss cross sole.

I'll drop that guy a dm as well to see whats up.

I'm also selling a journeyman in size 5 if anyone is keen, its only worn 3 times.

I know this sucks, but because information is fairly spotty as most of us are not based out of Japan, best to go in person and get the downlow so we all know. Will be a bummer carrying around extra pairs if they cannot help, but we would appreciate any insight! There's a local Japanese guy who has done several visvim resoles which look awesome. If visvim doesn't work out, maybe you can drop stuff by this guy's shop. His IG is kutu_nakajima
js

4683B0C8-571B-4CAE-9C89-31B0E433D726.jpeg

Emixam

Reaction score
kutu nakajima does a pretty good jib on sneaker soles, not sure about his skills when it come sto goodyear handsewn ? However this guy below is an absolute beast for hanstitched goodyear resoling job, I will definitely have my vis resoled by him rather than Vis, his skills are amazing and he also cheaper/faster than Vis (you may have to wait up to 4-6 months to get your shoes back if resoled by Vis ! They basically send the shoes back to the Chinese factory ! I think the resole including everything cost around 25k yens).

https://www.instagram.com/customshoesplanning_buhi/

tstormk

Reaction score
How's the thorson jacket this season? The mud dye looks a bit different compared to previous seasons. Is it worth picking one up? Which color looks the best IRL in your opinion?

fire2368

Reaction score
How's the thorson jacket this season? The mud dye looks a bit different compared to previous seasons. Is it worth picking one up? Which color looks the best IRL in your opinion?

I bought the green, my jackets fits smaller than their sizing on site. I can only see remnants of the mud dyed on the nylon, but the material and construction feels very durable

tstormk

Reaction score
I bought the green, my jackets fits smaller than their sizing on site. I can only see remnants of the mud dyed on the nylon, but the material and construction feels very durable

What size are you and what size did you get? If I want to layer, should I get a size 4 or 5 (I'm an italian size 50 / true size L)?

Would you say japanese retail is worth it or is better to wait until they start coming up on YJP used?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno I've owned most iterations and stupidly sold each. The current one does indeed fit a bit small. Mud wash is kinda week and damage effect is also lame since the nylon is barely matted. It's also a much thinner nylon. As far as repros go it's pretty solid. I picked up the black.

tstormk

Reaction score
I dunno I've owned most iterations and stupidly sold each. The current one does indeed fit a bit small. Mud wash is kinda week and damage effect is also lame since the nylon is barely matted. It's also a much thinner nylon. As far as repros go it's pretty solid. I picked up the black.

That's what I've been thinking, the mud dye isn't very noticable (at least on online pictures) and at that point its really just a well-constructed bomber jacket, not sure that's worth the 1500$ japanese retail. Could just be the online pictures though, which is why I'm asking.

From the online listings I've seen it looks like the black ones have been affected most by the mud dye.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads