• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not at us retail, but for at or around jp retail they are good. I love mine - super functional but still gets compliments

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're nothing to write home about. If you like the design, it's worth it. And they are relatively hardy and functional. They'll never beat something like Mission Workshop if you're looking for full utility/extreme durability, but you're paying for the Hiroki vision.

perkyscalling

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll see if I can find one for under retail then. I love the design but yeah, I've yet to be blown away from a backpack I've seen in the $800 and up range.

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on the new Virgils? Sole is a small change but throws the balance off for me, pushes them too close to workwear/Red Wing territory:

visvim-virgil-boots-folk_580x690c.jpg

visvim-virgil-boots-folk_580x690c.jpg

(also sad that this is the lightest colour)

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the old soles. These don't look that bad though, and I'm pretty sure some older virgils used this sole before (could be wrong)

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look great with a double stacked welt, and what is nice is a regular cobbler can replace the sole.

mr.invincible

Reaction score
Are Visvim Backpacks worth it? I've been eyeing the 20L lately.

it depends on what you're using it. for school/casual stuff yes. for hiking definitely not.

quality is good and looks nice when it's half full haha. IMO when it's super packed or store to it's capacity it doesn't look good and can be uncomfortable imo. i wished i had gotten the 22L with the waist belt

VitaTimH

Reaction score
^ Buried ICT I believe, I just browsed google images til I found the first picture that showcased the shape well

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics