• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

grs

Reaction score
Here you go.. much appreciated!
Honestly I could be wrong but I am leaning towards fake... The Kyon patch looks completely wrong. Check out this example from @shopsecondhandvisvim. You want almost a 3D feel to the drip pattern. Maybe it's just the photo but it looks like a pen drew it.

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 5.48.30 PM.jpg

LantonMills

Reaction score
Mine did not come with pen markings but I found a rolled-up $5 bill and an empty small ziplock which was powdery in the pockets of my chino. Emailed them and they gave me two choices to either return the pants for a full refund or a 20% discount.

I probably refrain from buying visvim stuff from Ssense after this experience and also seeing a fellow member receive a fake t-shirt in his order.

Wow.. no way, that is unbelievable. I was thinking I’m at the point where I’d rather just pay a little more and go with a smaller retailer like Pancho or Canoe as well as a retail vis store.

LantonMills

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_2731.jpeg
    IMG_2731.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 334

Blancpain

Reaction score
Shoes look legit to me. I think it's just the photo, some of the others you can see the applied lacquer. If I had to guess the pen marks are leftover from manufacturing, they seem to be marking lines? Use a soft cloth with light rubbing alcohol to remove ballpoint pen.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any fit pics wearing Carrol Pants? Preferrably from the SS24 release. Cheers!

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FWIW, it seems the photos of the slimmer fit are actually wearing 2's. I dont think they changed sizing significantly. The slamjam model looks how my older season fit and I'm a 33 true waist and my guess is the models listed waist is off (hes probably a 30 or 31).

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FWIW, it seems the photos of the slimmer fit are actually wearing 2's. I dont think they changed sizing significantly. The slamjam model looks how my older season fit and I'm a 33 true waist and my guess is the models listed waist is off (hes probably a 30 or 31).
Sorry I meant on here not stores. I just want to see how much they taper.

Blancpain

Reaction score
Going through old photos and found this one of the Neu Riders Jkt IT on display in Japan at the Gyre LCC store. It was very busy so I didn't want to try it but now wishing I did. I didn't even check the size.

Anyone ever handled or tried one on? Standard&Strange has one ivory but it's a size 2 and it seems like they run pretty small.

IMG_5454.jpeg

frunk

Reaction score
like the strabler jacket this season, the neu runs super tiny. I think it’s partially because they’re going for a very cropped look. The distressing and stacking on the sleeves makes them run short too. Size 4 felt small and I’m typically between 3 and 4.

I think they made the fit more tolerable for the suede versions coming out this fall. The 4 fit me very nicely.

pockets

Reaction score
Anyone got any fit pics wearing Carrol Pants? Preferrably from the SS24 release. Cheers!
i have the ss24 carrols in navy, theyre loose. i ordered my usual pant size, 2, and if i get another pair would have gotten a 1.

i wanted easy pants that i didnt have to wear a belt with, but going with my usual size, i have to wear a belt with them high for them to not fall off of me. as far as leg opening, theyre still quite wide at their standard adjustment, when i wear them with christos or bostons they’ll slide underneath the back of my foot and ill step on them. theyre not like an elasticized jogger opening, tight at the ankle. i wanted to wear them unbuttoned at the bottom, but doesnt really work for me, maybe im too short.

grs

Reaction score
Going through old photos and found this one of the Neu Riders Jkt IT on display in Japan at the Gyre LCC store. It was very busy so I didn't want to try it but now wishing I did. I didn't even check the size.

Anyone ever handled or tried one on? Standard&Strange has one ivory but it's a size 2 and it seems like they run pretty small.

View attachment 2138725
I got to try a size 4 on. Despite the broken in appearance it definitely feels like straitjacket. Horsehide is just super stiff I guess. I am typically a size 3 and agree with @frunk sizing is all over the place on it.

LantonMills

Reaction score
hey in regards to the pen markings - in shoemaking you use a silver pen (writes well on leather, can be removed with a damp cloth or whatever) - IMO that's just leftover proof of a pretty hand-made product.
Thanks, I agree and have seen that before but in this case I believe ssense made the markings as they were the same sneaker I returned to them previously with no markings. Maybe they marked them to make sure there weren’t any swappings with a counterfeit product?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BracesoverBelts