• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dantec

Reaction score
What month does the FW release usually kick off? Will be in Japan in May and want to try and secure the FW24 101 suede jacket while I’m over there.
Pretty sure FW releases ~August.

Going in June myself, hoping to grab something meaningful too…but likely won’t be from FW24.

MrChukes

Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in on an experience I just had regarding Corda-Folks.
I called the Los Angeles location and the employee didn’t seem to know anything about outsole replacement and had me on and off hold for about 20 mins checking to see what the procedure was.

If Visvim Japan chooses to accept to replace the outsole via photos - it costs about $300 with an 8 month wait time, however, it is not something that is normally done and not recommended. When asked if there was a recommended cobbler, he had no idea and recommended against it (literally what?).

I mean, it’s literally in the marketing materials. Definite turn off for me.

Anyone else have similar experiences?
That’s bullshit, one of the reasons I got them was because of that dissertation. I’d never take shoes back to Visvim for repair though. They wanted the same amount of money and time to resole my virgils. I ended up going to my local vibram cobbler and got them resoled with the same soles vis used for 80 dollars.

grs

Reaction score
What month does the FW release usually kick off? Will be in Japan in May and want to try and secure the FW24 101 suede jacket while I’m over there.
Could be wrong, but I think you needed to pre-order at the trunk show in Japan which happened already. I think FW will come out later in the year; your other shot is via one of the proxies.

norigim

Reaction score
Could be wrong, but I think you needed to pre-order at the trunk show in Japan which happened already. I think FW will come out later in the year; your other shot is via one of the proxies.
Trunk show in JP is still going on. I think Tokyo isn't until early February.

I think it might be hard to get anything in-store unless it's a basic item that isn't super popular. Best of luck though~

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is, but less so than before. Occasionally the spot releases or other items can command a premium, but I think they make money in volume, and less so on individual items. For example, I heard they might be asking 380-390k for the deckhand this season, which would be ~80k profit from retail. That might be a sliding scale for harder to find sizes or whatever

I've asked for 5 years to get the zipper pulls replaced (just the tab, not even the zipper) on my 20L and they never follow through. Furthermore, I got pretty much the same response about resoling my virgils. Thankfully I didnt wear through the sole sheet, and I got that repaired. For my dainite sole brigs I just had a cobbler redo the whole outsole. With things that have a cupped outsole like the corda I'd think you are SOL. I agree 100%, if visvim advertises this, they should make good on their marketing claims. partner with a competent cobbler, and set aside some outsoles to be used for resoles or something.
Seeing the premium they put on the Journeyman pants from the last spot release in AW23 I guess it's adding it to the hype pieces they know sell. The retail was 80k odd and they were asking for 1400hkd or something bonkers.

double___visions

Reaction score
Can anyone ID this model?
VSM23724_1_enlarged.jpg

norigim

Reaction score
Seeing the premium they put on the Journeyman pants from the last spot release in AW23 I guess it's adding it to the hype pieces they know sell. The retail was 80k odd and they were asking for 1400hkd or something bonkers.
I don't get the hype with the journeyman. My SA called me excitedly to say that they were releasing them again and whether I wanted one and he/she never proactively reaches out about a specific item unless I've expressed interest in the past. I guess they are one of the more sought after items.

Reaction score
Fake alert. They have managed to fake the distressed 22FW ELEMENDOLF JKT IT 😯

Last edited:

norigim

Reaction score
Fake alert. They have managed to fake the distressed 22FW ELEMENDOLF JKT IT 😯
That’s a great looking fake and the distressing might be better than the real one, lol

botzzz

Reaction score
anyone have any pics of how the italian horsehide that vis has been putting on their boots for a little while now ages? the effect can look pretty cool on product images, but curious abt how well these "old vis never dies" look after some wear

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monsieurcharlemagne