• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kami

Reaction score
Those ss24 padded shirts are so nice. Same lightweight, crunchy fabric as the heli down shirt jacket I think from this fall.
rough time to be broke. i really want that heli down from black friday

norigim

Reaction score
They updated sizing on almost all silhouettes between 2020 and 2021- everything is drop shoulder and larger fitting now.

Re: Lookbooks being boring and not amounting to product buying sheets. I don't know if I totally agree, ss24 had some really dope stuff in the lookbook- padded ss shirts, reintroduced deck jacket, lots of intricate prints and fabrics- this just looks plain bad/boring. Hoping The product list is better, however.
Iono, every look book makes me think this is the year I stop buying, but then I see the individual items (many of them not in the lookbook) and I'm brought back.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every time I order from them they just ship with tags and no envelope, really frustrating
Yeah I've called them out on that and they claim innocence. Browns did the same.

Did anyone ever explain why the German sold pieces say Vsvm?

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pro tip for the lookbook: download the little red book chinese app and search visvim. Lookbook to me looked par for the course, no surprises, but like others have said when insividual pieces come out I’m sure there’ll be something that catches my eye.
This is definitely a pro tip. Cheers! 😎

Retlas

Reaction score
Yeah I've called them out on that and they claim innocence. Browns did the same.

Did anyone ever explain why the German sold pieces say Vsvm?
I think it was some sort of copyright issue... it was only for the German market i think

L0wdown

Reaction score
Wow I really dislike what I’ve seen from the AW24 Lookbook. The style seems to be heading for the flashy and elitist “look at me, I have money” look. Also, Imo a lot of the cuts and silhouettes look like they are trying to conform with the popular styles as of late

Samer

Reaction score
I have to respectfully disagree with the look book critique. I think there are several quiet pieces that are high quality materials that are more my vibe lately (dad mode). Thinking of the black kite, dayton, muted beuys, ultimate cut and sew. I feel like its gonna grow on people. I might even buy my first pair of vis pants (10 years later).

But yeah - curious if anyone can comment on the thorson in person cause that thing is nuts.

L0wdown

Reaction score
I have to respectfully disagree with the look book critique. I think there are several quiet pieces that are high quality materials that are more my vibe lately (dad mode). Thinking of the black kite, dayton, muted beuys, ultimate cut and sew. I feel like its gonna grow on people. I might even buy my first pair of vis pants (10 years later).

But yeah - curious if anyone can comment on the thorson in person cause that thing is nuts.
I see your point, for me I'm not saying every piece is bad, I just dislike the overall new direction and idea of the look. I think most pieces on their own look very nice, but the way it is styled as outfits in the lookbook indicates a new direction that visvim is taking which I don't appreciate. This is just my personal opinion of course.

frunk

Reaction score
did the FW24 trunk show today. Didn’t take any pics but here are my thoughts:
- it’s a smaller collection overall
- pants are trending even shorter and those with fuller length inseams are (very) wide. There are a few new “wide” cut variants of pants.
- surprised at the amount of short sleeve shirts for a FW collection
- really cool chain stitching logo (I don’t like logos but this was cool)
- IT pieces are primarily suede, and feel amazing… I need…
- knitwear was great, some really nice vests
- footwear was a MAJOR highlight

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
- pants are trending even shorter and those with fuller length inseams are (very) wide. There are a few new “wide” cut variants of pants.
I did see photos of a poundmaker 7 hole hybrid I think? And an iris hybrid with a fur lining. It looked crazy!

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might be helpful to include photos and the actual measurements. I might be interested....
eVDmB61l.png

kdOd8oDl.png

McgCSYwl.png

Size 4
Measurements to come momentarily.

dantec

Reaction score
Have a few lightly used Visvim pieces listed on eBay (link). Will ship free to SF members:

Jumbo Hoodie P.O. (N.D) - Lt. Indigo Size 3 - $600
Court Hoodie P.O Crash Black Size 4 - $650
SS101 Jacket Damaged - 1001-2 Size 4 - $800

Attachments

• IMG_2923.jpg
    IMG_2923.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2928.jpg
    IMG_2928.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_2940.jpg
    IMG_2940.jpg
    745.6 KB · Views: 197

maxfax

Reaction score
Did you end up ordering anything?? I don't even want to know how much those damn IT pieces cost now lol...
I did see photos of a poundmaker 7 hole hybrid I think? And an iris hybrid with a fur lining. It looked crazy!

I think the iris with fur is actually from the 24SS season? Think it was limited to trunkshow only.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesdcorte