• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Samer

Reaction score
IMG_6071.jpeg
Not usually a fan of the ball sack effect but these hit. Might go for them.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The spring 24 shoes heavily use that distressed sole, I don't recall seeing it for this fall. Last I had seen something like that was some avant garde brands, maybe ccp or guidi? Iirc I saw a video of it being done, they take a file to the edges of the outsole and also hit it with a nail wand(?). Hard to know how it would look if the soles are redone, but cool effect no less.

norigim

Reaction score
where to look up red book?
I find this is the best app to get info about Visvim. It's in Chinese but you're mostly looking for photos anyways.

illiterate

Reaction score
There has been a noticeable increase in paratrooper jackets on sites like Mercari. I'm assuming most if not all are fakes/reps?

Blancpain

Reaction score
There has been a noticeable increase in paratrooper jackets on sites like Mercari. I'm assuming most if not all are fakes/reps?

Yes 99% chance of fake. I got scammed by a fake paratrooper as well as ibn pengel on here. Be super careful on Mercari and even Yahoo Japan.

I recommend nobody buy without tags and envelope, and if not get very clear non blurry pics of all tags. I didn't think they would fake paratroopers or the Kasuri or wildflower shirts but there are good fakes out there now. Not trying to scare anyone because there are still good deals to be had buying in JPY but you need to be hyper aware. Price is not an indicator as some sellers list high so it seems legit.

Also PSA to not bid without care: the seller's co-scammers will outbid you to pump up the price and make it seem like a real auction then cancel everything but your bids 30 seconds before end of auction (happened to me).

Edit: the new Harmon shirt Ren is already faked and those seem to have tags and envelopes.

Last edited:

kami

Reaction score
paratroopers and sar jackets i've seen 99% fakes listed

zabo358

Reaction score
Yes 99% chance of fake. I got scammed by a fake paratrooper as well as ibn pengel on here. Be super careful on Mercari and even Yahoo Japan.

I recommend nobody buy without tags and envelope, and if not get very clear non blurry pics of all tags. I didn't think they would fake paratroopers or the Kasuri or wildflower shirts but there are good fakes out there now. Not trying to scare anyone because there are still good deals to be had buying in JPY but you need to be hyper aware. Price is not an indicator as some sellers list high so it seems legit.

Also PSA to not bid without care: the seller's co-scammers will outbid you to pump up the price and make it seem like a real auction then cancel everything but your bids 30 seconds before end of auction (happened to me).
Which Kasuri is faked?

Blancpain

Reaction score
Which Kasuri is faked?

The ICT natural dyed indigo one that released 3-4 years ago seems to have recently popped everywhere up as fakes. Both long and short sleeves, both light and dark indigo. Never buy this unless it's 100% legit.

Edit:
I took a browse through Mercari just now and found fakes paratroopers, SAR jackets, Harmon shirts, kasuri shirts, bandana or kofu anything (obvious), mud dye lumber, Wallis shirts, tunics, grizzly boots, crash lumbers and pioneers, TITL Valdez (?!), fisherman vests, albacore shirts, veterans pants and shorts crash, macray coverall, etc. etc. It's endless... buyer beware!

IMG_7214.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members