• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wasn't there a story of a guy who lives in Japan who has left his video game system on for over 15 years because the battery that powers the save data died and he would lose all his saves if it shut off?

brokencycle

Reaction score
So I logged into the MGS V servers for the first time last night. It really ******* pisses me off. I logged into PSN to download an "app" and so it was the first time MGS even tried to connect, and then it did automatically. Well, that was fine but apparently the servers were set to undergo maintenance, and I lost like 20,000 of each of my resources. Everything I searched online said that shouldn't happen because online and offline resources are different, but that appears to not be the case.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm a huge Kojima fan. That said, Id be afraid to employ him because he's a loose cannon. I read one article that said when he joined Konami in the 80's he was one of the few people in his department who did not code. This set him apart and he was bullied. On top of this he always felt like his dream job was never in reach, which was to be a film maker. He said the Japanese economy was to blame for this. What this made was a very angsty adult who is apparently kind of an intimidating asshole to those who he works with. His best friend is the artist who worked under him since MGS1. As I remember, even though they were friends, they almost got into a fist fight over what Snake's age should be in MGS1.

He had some GBA game he made that no one has played and it had a light sensor on it that detected sunlight. You needed to play the game in sunlight for some sort of benefit and he took measures to prevent this benefit from being achievable from many indoor lighting systems. He also apparently wanted to make a game where if you died once, the game was bricked and you had to buy a new one and got into a lot of heated arguments where people told him it was a bad idea.

I think Kojima is bit like George Lucas in the sense that there is genius and talent there, but unless he is under control and under outside influence, he will just make weird **** no one understands or wants.

My brother played a game like this. I think it was some kind of adventure/RPG game where your character drew power from the sun and you needed to be in sunlight to trigger some events or something as well.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm confused...is this supposed to be like, a goal to strive for?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw the one with the TV in the desk-surface on reddit the other day.

it looks pretty sweet with the LEDs turned off, but god what an ugly mess when they are turned on. Perfect example of DIYers taking it too far.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I saw the one with the TV in the desk-surface on reddit the other day.

it looks pretty sweet with the LEDs turned off, but god what an ugly mess when they are turned on. Perfect example of DIYers taking it too far.

I can't imagine going "I couldn't afford a decent desk six moths ago, so I'm going to build a custom desk with three monitors and a tv build in." Good for him, and I hope he enjoys it, but I just can't relate to the thought process.

Last edited:

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though they are very ugly, sitting in a la-z-boy for an extended time is nice. If I spent a lot of time in a desk setup it would be to make my desk la-z-boy friendly.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm confused...is this supposed to be like, a goal to strive for?

Kind of reminds me of a friend of mine retro game room. He's a heavy game and has plenty of money to spend on the hobby so he set up a spare room to just play old stuff. He keeps a CRT in it on purpose even when he could easily switch it out for a flatscreen.

Last edited:

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kind of reminds me of a friend of mine retro game room. He's a heavy game and has plenty of money to spend on the hobby so he set up a spare room to just play old stuff. He keeps a CRT in it on purpose even when he could easily switch it out for a flatscreen.

Haha, I was going to say that it looks like my dream setup circa 1997!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That game looks really good. My hope is we start getting more remakes like that as time goes by. FF9 would be great and the dream is Chrono Trigger done in the same art style as the original.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Steam winter sale just started.

Just in time for my new PC once all the components get here in a few days.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LanaBurrell