• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viberg x Styleforum GMTO - Round one for 2017

Which (full dsecription below) would you BUY (please do not vote unless you intend to puchase)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trevorplease

Reaction score
@gte872h Thanks for rounding up the make ups. It's not my makeup but I think we should be able to remove the 2030 Service Boot in Color #8 CXL since that's a standard make you can get right off of Viberg's site.

I had some details changed.
The antiqued colored midsole and gunmetal eyelets, but doesn't seem to popular anyway. I'm new to this so looks like it should be taken down

psimpson

Reaction score
I had some details changed.
The antiqued colored midsole and gunmetal eyelets, but doesn't seem to popular anyway. I'm new to this so looks like it should be taken down

I liked this make up. The antique midsole and gun metal eyelets would have looked nice. Something like this:
Screenshot_20170621-094113.png

The only thing holding me back would have been the unstructured toe box.

psimpson

Reaction score
On the other hand somebody could easily change the eyelets on one of the regularly available make-ups to gun metal. So probably best to eliminate the color 8 service boot.

gte872h

Reaction score
Now down to 15

4 slippers
2 Chelsea boots
2 2030/2030/110 Scout boot
1 2030 derby boot
1 2030 service boot
1 2030 chukka
1 2005 engineer
1 110 lace-to-toe 8" boot
1 2045 service boot
1 2040 derby shoe

2030 Scout boot, navy reverse kudu, stacked mini ripple, stitchdown 1st choice, GYW 2nd choice
2030 derby boot, natural kangaroo, leather sole, GYW
40218 Slipper 1 burg calf or horse butt, leather sole, GYW
40218 Slipper 2 grey kangaroo, leather sole, GYW
2030 chukka, black WF, brown crepe sole, stitchdown
2040 derby shoe, natural cxl, vibram gloxy cut sand sole, stitchdown
2030 service boot, heather grey smooth, dainite sole, stitchdown
2050 Chelsea boot, black oil tan roughout, dainite sole, GYW
110 8" lace-to-toe boot, mocha oil tan vamp, natural cxl uppers, commando sole, stitchdown
40218 slippers, natural kangaroo, Leather midsole and wedge heel, white Vibram Mini Ripple outsole, GYW
2030 or 110 scout boot, beige kangaroo, stacked leather mini ripple sole, stitchdown(pretty sure they won't do stitchdown with kangaroo)
40218 slippers, mushroom chamois roughout, leather sole, GYW
2045 service boot, mid brown or dark tan Italian horse butt, cats paw/vibram heel with double leather sole OR half comp 705 vibram half sole with vibram heel, stitchdown
2050 Chelsea boot, natural WF, dainite sole, GYW
2005 engineer boot, natural WF, cats paw/vibram heel with 705 half comp sole, stitchdown, @ChadK21 is this the sole you wanted or did you want cats paw/vibram heel with double leather sole?

* removed the 2030 service boot in burg cxl since similar makeups are already currently available
* removed the 2030 derby boot in brown WF since Superdenim carries almost exact same model

ChadK21

Reaction score
Now down to 15

4 slippers
2 Chelsea boots
1 2030 derby boot
1 2030 service boot
1 2030 chukka
1 2005 engineer
1 2045 service boot
1 2040 derby shoe

2030 Scout boot, navy reverse kudu, stacked mini ripple, stitchdown 1st choice, GYW 2nd choice
40218 Slipper 1 burg calf or horse butt, leather sole, GYW
110 8" lace-to-toe boot, mocha oil tan vamp, natural cxl uppers, commando sole, stitchdown
40218 slippers, natural kangaroo, Leather midsole and wedge heel, white Vibram Mini Ripple outsole, GYW
2030 or 110 scout boot, beige kangaroo, stacked leather mini ripple sole, stitchdown(pretty sure they won't do stitchdown with kangaroo)
2045 service boot, mid brown or dark tan Italian horse butt, cats paw/vibram heel with double leather sole OR half comp 705 vibram half sole with vibram heel, stitchdown
2005 engineer boot, natural WF, cats paw/vibram heel with 705 half comp sole, stitchdown, @ChadK21 is this the sole you wanted or did you want cats paw/vibram heel with double leather sole?

* removed the 2030 service boot in burg cxl since similar makeups are already currently available
* removed the 2030 derby boot in brown WF since Superdenim carries almost exact same model

I'm flexible on the heel. If people decide they want to move forward with an engineer makeup, I'll be fine with either or.

Graemsay

Reaction score
Just my two cents, but the slipper is a very basic model. Meaning, I think there will be a lot available through stockists and berg.com in the near future. Might not need to submit too many makeups for that, as they are basically just suggesting different leather. And I would think its pretty much a guarantee that a burgundy leather, or light suede/leather will be available shortly.

The mini ripple/stitchdown is a rare bird though.

Viberg posted a number of slippers on Instagram, and I suspect that we'll see a lot of the proposals from your local retailer before too long.

Viberg Slippers.jpg

I proposed the mini-ripple slipper because it's something different, and I think that it could be fun. No-one is doing it yet, so it's a bit of a win.

If the ripple doesn't appeal, take a look at the Vibram Sole Factor Catalogue. I really like the Optitank, which was the favourite of the guy who established that programme. It's got a trompe de l'oeil effect of having a cleated sole. (Although it would necessitate a different colour choice for the uppers and midsole.)

Optitank Sole.jpg

I also found these on the Sole Factor Instagram feed. I don't know what model the skull and crossbone is, but it looks fun.

Vibram Sole Factor.jpg

mattw

Reaction score
Good points on the slippers. I'm slowly being sold on the mini ripple.

Instead of focusing on colors, perhaps materials? We might be able to get in on things that have been used already (kangaroo, chamois) before they may become unavailable.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that is a better route - pick a unique material and sole, and decide on 1 or 2 makeups.

I'm not in for slippers, but just trying to help this process along. No offense to whoever suggested it, but a burgundy slipper on leather sole will be done before you know it..

Just saw on IG last night, my local shop (lost & found) has Natural CXL slippers in production as an example.

mattw

Reaction score
I'm not in for slippers, but just trying to help this process along. No offense to whoever suggested it, but a burgundy slipper on leather sole will be done before you know it..

Yeah, that was me, and that was dumb/impatient. Here's to getting on a better track.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good points on the slippers. I'm slowly being sold on the mini ripple.

Instead of focusing on colors, perhaps materials? We might be able to get in on things that have been used already (kangaroo, chamois) before they may become unavailable.
The light brown(tan?) mini ripple and stacked leather midsole is boss.

But I've got enough Brown Viberg boots-Natty Waxed, Natty CXL, Brown Waxed, Ebony Latigo, Mocha Oil Tan plus other companies brown boots(light, dark and in the middle) that I think I'd pass on any brown boot unless it was extraordinary and somehow very different.

I'm good with black boots as well.

Anyhow, I am curious to see what the final designs are though. And if any are on the 110.

gte872h

Reaction score
14 makeups left.

3 slippers
2 Chelsea boots
1 2030 derby boot
1 2030 service boot
1 2030 chukka
1 2005 engineer
1 2045 service boot
1 2040 derby shoe

2030 or 110 scout boot, beige kangaroo, stacked leather mini ripple sole, GYW
2005 engineer boot, natural WF, cats paw/vibram heel with 705 half comp sole, stitchdown,

* removed the burg. slipper
* leaving up grey kangaroo slipper for now, although Freeman's Japan carries this model, but costly to purchase and import back to western countries

billymax

Reaction score
Viberg posted a number of slippers on Instagram, and I suspect that we'll see a lot of the proposals from your local retailer before too long.

View attachment 801684

I proposed the mini-ripple slipper because it's something different, and I think that it could be fun. No-one is doing it yet, so it's a bit of a win.

If the ripple doesn't appeal, take a look at the Vibram Sole Factor Catalogue. I really like the Optitank, which was the favourite of the guy who established that programme. It's got a trompe de l'oeil effect of having a cleated sole. (Although it would necessitate a different colour choice for the uppers and midsole.)

View attachment 801685

I also found these on the Sole Factor Instagram feed. I don't know what model the skull and crossbone is, but it looks fun.

View attachment 801690
I've was initially way out on slippers, but that light-milkshake stitchdown slipper in the photo is interesting. Put that on a stacked leather, mini-ripple sole and think I would be in.

billymax

Reaction score
14 makeups left.

3 slippers
2 Chelsea boots
1 2030 derby boot
1 2030 service boot
1 2030 chukka
1 2005 engineer
1 2045 service boot
1 2040 derby shoe

2030 or 110 scout boot, beige kangaroo, stacked leather mini ripple sole, GYW
2005 engineer boot, natural WF, cats paw/vibram heel with 705 half comp sole, stitchdown,

* removed the burg. slipper
* leaving up grey kangaroo slipper for now, although Freeman's Japan carries this model, but costly to purchase and import back to western countries
If we can get that black WF chukka on something other than 2030, i'm likely in. If it gets a structured toe, i'm definitely in.

psimpson

Reaction score
If we can get that black WF chukka on something other than 2030, i'm likely in. If it gets a structured toe, i'm definitely in.

As the creator of the Midnight Riders I would be fine with the black waxed Chukka on either the 1035 or 2040 last. Definitely with a structured toe box. I might have a slight preference for the 2040.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads