• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was upset about missing out on the Leffot service boot in brown CXL, but this boot looks even better for my purposes (rugged, casual boot that I can wear in inclement weather). Make it 17.
Nice. One of the the original members is also in. Very cool.

rutabaga

Reaction score
I would be in but plan to visit in person this year to get the sizing right :) Nice makeup!

afranzheim

Reaction score
Thinking about jumping on this train too, as I've been eyeing Vibergs for some time now.

For me its NOT a question of size...it's either this or the Snuff Kudu Service Boots that ought to be released in the fall.

I am not sure what all the confusion is about sizing on this??? Even though I don't own any Vibers, I feel super confident of how I would need to size these, thanks to the prior posts from Diabolical, Ambulance Chaser, misterjuiceman, and LA Guy.

rutabaga

Reaction score
Thinking about jumping on this train too, as I've been eyeing Vibergs for some time now.

For me its NOT a question of size...it's either this or the Snuff Kudu Service Boots that ought to be released in the fall.

I am not sure what all the confusion is about sizing on this??? Even though I don't own any Vibers, I feel super confident of how I would need to size these, thanks to the prior posts from Diabolical, Ambulance Chaser, misterjuiceman, and LA Guy.
I think that for such a large purchase (in terms of boots), some people want to be completely confident. Different lasts fit differently on everyone's unique feet, too. Nothing wrong with trying to dial it in so that you're not going to get something you have to turn around and sell immediately without having the recourse to exchange for a better size.

afranzheim

Reaction score

I think that for such a large purchase (in terms of boots), some people want to be completely confident. Different lasts fit differently on everyone's unique feet, too. Nothing wrong with trying to dial it in so that you're not going to get something you have to turn around and sell immediately without having the recourse to exchange for a better size.

I can understand this sentiment...and I guess that I might feel similarly if I didn't own a pair of Indy's, but so goes it with ordering clothes over the internet. You're (probably) not gonna buy two or three pairs and keep the one that fits best. You'll have to rely on the knowledge of fellow posters...and this is usually very good. We've all struck out a couple times, but in the end its worth it. If for some reason these don't fit, I'd doubt that you'd have a hard time selling close to what you paid on the marketplace. A hassle? yes, but worth the reward? i'm sure.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can be confident in sizing based off other recommendations. I agree with Fok's UK size assessment (same as Tricker's 4497) for the 2030 last but with a snugger toe box. The 2030 is very similar to my Barrie in a 1/2 size larger. I think going Barrie size would probably be too long for me. I don't wear thick socks either. But most people here are going Barrie/TB size in regards to the 2030. For those people, I am curious how they size their UK shoes/boots.

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
I don't think you can be confident in sizing based off other recommendations. I agree with Fok's UK size assessment (same as Tricker's 4497) for the 2030 last but with a snugger toe box. The 2030 is very similar to my Barrie in a 1/2 size larger. I think going Barrie size would probably be too long for me. I don't wear thick socks either. But most people here are going Barrie/TB size in regards to the 2030. For those people, I am curious how they size their UK shoes/boots.
I've found that the 2030 with hiking socks fits similarly to the Barrie in dress socks in the same size. The 2030 most certainly feels like a wider last, though this could be due to the instep of the 2030.

patagonianwild

Reaction score
Arrrgh now im unsure again
rotflmao.gif

pjyj

Reaction score
Still not sure either if I should go with 7.5 or 8. I tried Alden TruBalance size 8 with medium thick socks and had some room left in the toes.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Still not sure either if I should go with 7.5 or 8. I tried Alden TruBalance size 8 with medium thick socks and had some room left in the toes.

Depends on how much room. I prefer boots a bit loose instead of snug

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Viberg can stretch boots a half size. Maybe go 7.5 and if you find them snug send them back to be stretched

The3rdConch0rd

Reaction score
I'd love to get my order in before Fri. Before I take the plunge can you guys help clarify what the boot and paneling will look like? How will it differ from the worn-in boot and mock-up pics on the SF product page? Also, I own the Viberg x 3Sixteen collab, so feel free to compare/contrast with that boot as well, and/or this boot (http://cdn.styleforum.net/b/b3/b33e6c02_image.jpeg) that's on the 2045 last.

Diabolical

Reaction score

I'd love to get my order in before Fri. Before I take the plunge can you guys help clarify what the boot and paneling will look like? How will it differ from the worn-in boot and mock-up pics on the SF product page? Also, I own the Viberg x 3Sixteen collab, so feel free to compare/contrast with that boot as well, and/or this boot (http://cdn.styleforum.net/b/b3/b33e6c02_image.jpeg) that's on the 2045 last.

The boondocker uses the same pattern as the service boot except its a plain toe. The mock up pic uses the 110 last and this make will be on the 2045 last. Take a look at this link for the comparison in Viberg lasts. http://vibergboot.wordpress.com/2012/12/11/lasts/. I believe the 2040 is pretty similar in shape to the 2045.

Also there won't be any speed hooks on this make up.

Last edited:

The3rdConch0rd

Reaction score
The boondocker uses the same pattern as the service boot except its a plain toe. The mock up pic uses the 110 last and this make will be on the 2045 last. Take a look at this link for the comparison in Viberg lasts. http://vibergboot.wordpress.com/2012/12/11/lasts/. I believe the 2040 is pretty similar in shape to the 2045.

Also there won't be any speed hooks on this make up.
Wait, which boondocker has a cap toe? All the pics in the product images have plain toes, and they are all on the 110 last, correct? The pair with a captoe I linked aren't boondockers. They're waxed flesh service boots on the 2045 last. Boondockers are roughouts on 110 (or 2030). Or am I missing something..?

Thanks for the last comparisons. It looks like the 2040 has a pretty significant upturn in the toe. Isn't the 2045 going to have an unstructured toe?

Also, when you say it uses the same pattern are you referring to paneling? The service boot with a pull-up tab looks to different dovetail paneling than a service boot without a pull-up tab..

Alternatively, if someone wants to show off their MS Paint skills and use the white mock-up pic (110 last) on the product page as a canvas to show me how the boot we are ordering (2045 last) will differ then I would be very grateful.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads