• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders available now until August 16.

jfclarky

Reaction score

I gotchu! ;) Gandalf 2.0 Boot WITHOUT PULL-TAB: 1) @BatmanFactory 2) @jfclarky 3) @phxaz 4) @Aviv 5) 6) [please quote and add your own name to the list]
Guys/@LA Guy, Count me out of Gandalf 2.0 and in for Gandalf 1.0. I prefer to have the boot made as is, with pull-tab, and not worry about the boot not being made at all because we couldn't come to a consensus over the pull-tab. Everyone who doesn't want to pull-tab please reconsider your decision and let's get this made. The boot will be great either way. I just want it made. Best, JC

BatmanFactory

Reaction score
Guys/@LA Guy ,

Count me out of Gandalf 2.0 and in for Gandalf 1.0. I prefer to have the boot made as is, with pull-tab, and not worry about the boot not being made at all because we couldn't come to a consensus over the pull-tab.

Everyone who doesn't want to pull-tab please reconsider your decision and let's get this made.

The boot will be great either way. I just want it made.

Best,
JC

I've been thinking about this since Fok's last update.
I'm pulling out too. It wouldn't be right if neither Gandalfs were to be created.

I'll be switching my vote to the Gandalf with pull-tabs.

Thank you to everyone who supported this little movement. If you're still keeping tabs on this thread, I would urge you to reconsider as well.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I actually like all the makeups in this round, which is not always the case.

Yes, but is there enough interest to get 3 or 4 of these done?  Just seems like a lot of dissension in the ranks this time, lots of last minute changes, etc.  Not trying to sound negative, but if it comes down to a pull tab making or breaking whether an entire boot gets made or not, you have to wonder about the general enthusiasm for that build.  And since when are changes allowed after voting has commenced and money committed to a build?  Hard to play when the goal posts keep getting moved.  

There are actually enough votes to do 4, or 5 the Gandalf people pull together. Only the boondocker was mathematically out, which is why I changed the makeup, to see if more people might be interested.

skeptical jesus

Reaction score
For anyone considering the 110 boondocker, I highly recommend it. I have this second-hand pair from the 2014 sample sale that's on a leather sole, and it's a machine. The perfect boot that looks better and better the more beat up it gets.

Raneleigh

Reaction score
For anyone considering the 110 boondocker, I highly recommend it. I have this second-hand pair from the 2014 sample sale that's on a leather sole, and it's a machine. The perfect boot that looks better and better the more beat up it gets.

I have to agree...the 110 Boondocker rocks. It is hands down my favorite pair of boots (and I own a lot of boots!):

Obviously I'm out, but anyone contemplating this boot should jump on it while you have the chance. I missed out on the first issue and was lucky enough to grab these at a sample sale. You just don't see a 110 boondocker all that often unfortunately.

Last edited:

stickydonk

Reaction score
Fok, what's the reason Brett won't allow 4 rows of stitching on the Boondocker VT? After all we're the ones paying for and wearing the boot, not him.

phxaz

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this since Fok's last update.
I'm pulling out too. It wouldn't be right if neither Gandalfs were to be created.

I'll be switching my vote to the Gandalf with pull-tabs.

Thank you to everyone who supported this little movement. If you're still keeping tabs on this thread, I would urge you to reconsider as well.

@LA Guy Please change my vote to the original Gandalf with pull tab.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy Please change my vote to the original Gandalf with pull tab.
You guys all gotta put a message in the system. It's hard to match usernames with irl names, and this is not something I am going to guess at, for obvious reasons.

jfclarky

Reaction score

You guys all gotta put a message in the system.  It's hard to match usernames with irl names, and this is not something I am going to guess at, for obvious reasons.  

Not to ask a stupid question but where do I put the message in the system?

westie187

Reaction score
I think I may have been the only one to vote for the derby, lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads