• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO

AeroleathersTB

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
As promised, some quick fit pics. I literally took it out of the shipping box and put it on and got wife to take some photos. Excuse the crappy iPhone photos and the dress hanging in the background.

Lookin' good Peter...taking the contour out of the mid-section worked well for your body type! Wear it, wear it, wear it...in one year this jacket is going to be even better!

AeroleathersTB

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
this is a size s/m. i'm approx 135lbs, 5'9. wear eu46 in most jackets. i agree with people who suggested to size up 1. collar gap is there but exaggerated in photos imo. i personally like it myself. think of it as a wide neck shirt. you can show off your nice collar bones
smile.gif
. but if you're really anal about it, it will drive you mad. it's about the same thickness as the calf used in toj jackets. difference is the texture. toj has a finer finish, which to some may feel more luxurious. the vanson has a more rugged finish, which is just as nice. hope that will help anyone who is deciding to purchase one.

20540308330_c8089b4556_z.jpg
20540305570_2fbd15650c_z.jpg

Great slim fit on this one!

AeroleathersTB

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@Thurston Bros so are you keeping regular stock sizes in store and offering custom versions?

Yes, we have all sizes XXS-XXL (black rayon liners) in stock...people can purchase off-the-rack today and we ship tomorrow. If people want custom, we can do that too!

Last edited:

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is a size s/m. i'm approx 135lbs, 5'9. wear eu46 in most jackets. i agree with people who suggested to size up 1. collar gap is there but exaggerated in photos imo. i personally like it myself. think of it as a wide neck shirt. you can show off your nice collar bones
smile.gif
. but if you're really anal about it, it will drive you mad. it's about the same thickness as the calf used in toj jackets. difference is the texture. toj has a finer finish, which to some may feel more luxurious. the vanson has a more rugged finish, which is just as nice. hope that will help anyone who is deciding to purchase one.

20540308330_c8089b4556_z.jpg
20540305570_2fbd15650c_z.jpg
Easily one of the best fits I've seen yet.
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

swooc

Reaction score

and swooc, your arms protrude WAY too far in comparison with the shoulder seam..went with wrong chest measurements for sure.  You 100% need to size up.

i thought it was strange for them to tighten what was already a close shoulder fit on the junya. it does look like my arms are ready to explode out of the sleeves lol. but it really is not that bad. feels similar to wearing ro leathers, where the shoulders are tight, armholes are high, and chest close to the skin albeit less extreme. i could have went with a medium and probably be content with it as well. it just shows you how versatile the sizes are and that you don't need to try and get everything perfect.

Last edited:

AeroleathersTB

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i thought it was strange for them to tighten what was already a close shoulder fit on the junya. it does look like my arms are ready to explode out of the sleeves lol. but it really is not that bad. feels similar to wearing ro leathers, where the shoulders are tight, armholes are high, and chest close to the skin albeit less extreme. i could have went with a medium and probably be content with it as well. it just shows you how versatile the sizes are and that you don't need to try and get everything perfect.

The smaller shoulders in the Vanson Daredevil and the Aero Board Racer take the "moto" feeling away from the jackets and make them a bit more casual...

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Rec'd my jacket 2 days ago (size small) and it feels like it's too small. My shoulders and chest area definitely feel really tight and this is only with a t-shirt on. Also like to mention that i can't really zip it up, or at least if i do i can't breath. Tried wearing a dress shirt and it gets super tight, won't even try a hoodie. Asking Carrie to exchange to a S/M. What do you guys think?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru