• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO

AeroleathersTB

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wondering if I can get some more information on the ordering process of the Derby jacket, especially from overseas. Based on the measurement it seems that the original Derby jacket might fit me better, plus less waiting time. There does not seem to be an email address on your website.

We have 5 people going on custom Derby jackets right now, so it's a really good time to get started on a Derby! Just email us at [email protected], we'll tell you the cost for what you'd like, we'll get you a fit jacket if needed, and you'll be good to go!

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Here's the back...
We have 5 people going on custom Derby jackets right now, so it's a really good time to get started on a Derby! Just email us at [email protected], we'll tell you the cost for what you'd like, we'll get you a fit jacket if needed, and you'll be good to go!
That derby jacket looks very similar to the slim fit rider, what is the difference? I see a single piece back some gusset differences.... Also how much is it?

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that assumption would be correct

This jacket is available now...just order the Vanson Derby from us at (206) 550-3545 and size one size differently from Junya...for example, if you're a size M in Junya, please order the size S Derby...

The Derby is $649.99 USD

Last edited:

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We have 5 people going on custom Derby jackets right now, so it's a really good time to get started on a Derby!  Just email us at [email protected], we'll tell you the cost for what you'd like, we'll get you a fit jacket if needed, and you'll be good to go!

You're willing to send a fit jacket across international borders? What would be the cost? Just cover shipping both ways?

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They ship internationally. I confirmed with them a few weeks back (outside of this thread)
Thanks, that's what I thought too, but the post above is misleading. Maybe they won't ship a fit testing jacket internationally?
!luc

rbnman

Reaction score
^ yup thats exactly what it is. They have given an idea on what the measurements will be on the revised sample. What would be nice is a guide on how they take their measurements. E.g. is length taken front the front or back and from what points? is the shoulder measured from the front or back? Is take pit across from seam to seam or do you lie the jacket completely flat in which case sometimes you measure just past the seams.

AeroleathersTB

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I thought too, but the post above is misleading. Maybe they won't ship a fit testing jacket internationally?
!luc

Yes...we ship Vanson products internationally, but Vanson fit jackets are, unfortunately, only available to customers in the Continental United States...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads