• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
feel free to send me the current, altogether useless sample. It would probably fit me perfectly. PM for my address, thanks!

AeroleathersTB

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
feel free to send me the current, altogether useless sample. It would probably fit me perfectly. PM for my address, thanks!

We were going to sell this sample here in the shop...it's an awesome jacket...if you'd like it, it's yours for $699.99 USD (Free US Shipping).

Last edited:

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just a quick comment: going by these measurements, this does not look like a slim-fit jacket.

If I'm not mistaken, a size M normally corresponds to a 2x48cm chest, or just under 2x19". That means a LOT of extra room if a Medium corresponds with 21.75

No. That's more like skinny fit there.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm confused. People asked for the junya fit, we got the intended fit and now we're back to the drawing board?

HeavenResign

Reaction score
I'm confused. People asked for the junya fit, we got the intended fit and now we're back to the drawing board?
No. From the beginning it was always known that if we could make this better, we would. We are not back to the drawing board, read the thread. Look at the measurements, the shoulders and sleeve length are a super reasonable change.

Last edited:

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is great.  Because we have some smaller dudes, could you also put up the proposed measurements for the XS?

One thing about looking at runway photos is that they often show the deficiencies, rather than the strengths, of a specific garment.  Skinny or "athletic" (I use that term to feel better about myself!,) very few of us will have the shape of a runway model, which is generally, wide, angular, shoulders, shallow chest, and small waist and hips.  Oh, and usually very tall for the weight.  The shoulders are often outsized in width compare to the rest of the body.  This means that if the shoulders look big on the model, they will look, for our sizes, really big on the rest of us.  Looking at the proposed changes, this makes a lot more sense.  a small with a 17.75 outer shoulder seems reasonable,  A 18.25 shoulder is pretty darn big.  

There have been some complaints about the Junya fit, and I suspect that this is the root of it.  If you take the right size for your shoulders, the body is constricting, but if you take the right size for your body, you end up playing right tackle for the Cincinnati Bengals.  I think that with these changes, we will remedy this problem for most people.

The model types will cope, I'm sure.

Cheers,

Fok. 

Awesome, you are clearly way more knowledgable than I.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We're at 2 months for the next prototype and then 2 months for size grading.  Because we're not using the Junya fit, we need to regrade the patterns...

Are we going to be able to put in deposits sooner rather than later? Kind of like taking up a line in the queue so it's first come first serve?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It looks more like the boxy repro leathers sold at thurston, a far cry from the shrunken fit of the junya-style leather. I think we're looking at a nice compromise, and are working towards something that is slim but also reasonable. That being said, I don't think its gonna be tailored enough for me to take the plunge unless I take a medium, but I fear of bursting at the seams.

HeavenResign

Reaction score
It looks more like the boxy repro leathers sold at thurston, a far cry from the shrunken fit of the junya-style leather. I think we're looking at a nice compromise, and are working towards something that is slim but also reasonable. That being said, I don't think its gonna be tailored enough for me to take the plunge unless I take a medium, but I fear of bursting at the seams.

I don't know why this keeps coming up, this (prototype) is the exact fit the Junya's had, with the same leather. Thurston's said that a few times now. The sizing is different in nomenclature only (ex: the "L" prototype would've been an "XL" under the Junya)

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we get the next prototype in an S size so we know how it's gonna scale for smaller people? And a look at it on a smaller dude?

It looks more like the boxy repro leathers sold at thurston, a far cry from the shrunken fit of the junya-style leather.

It's the same cut as the Junya leather. Take a second look at the shoulders on that, quite wide.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So... when can we put in orders?

We're at 2 months for the next prototype and then 2 months for size grading.  Because we're not using the Junya fit, we need to regrade the patterns...

4 more months?

welcome back to the TOJ thread everyone :p

Honestly i like the sample jacket a lot

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics