• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They had a sale over President's Day. These ended up being about $50 a yard. I went in there looking for solids but I'm a sucker for plaid. I really like how these have a ridiculous scale (about 5x6") but in muted colors.

Almost walked away with a really cool dark green wool nubby herringbone. Alllllmost like a bouclè, but more rustic. The herringbone was hardly noticeable.

Where/how does one access Brite fabrics?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You walk in. or internet: https://www.britexfabrics.com

i haven't been to Britex in ages, i actually thought it was moving but looking now i guess it's still on Geary/Maiden Ln?

cool shop, but more expensive than it needs to be imo. i used to enjoy going through the remnants and BONUS: the Wright-designed Morris Gift Shop is across the alley in the back! anybody who hasn't been in there should get their ass in and check it out.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm not a fan. I can't put my finger on it, perhaps it's wearing the jacket and vest at the same time. I think the jacket works better without the vest, or a different patterned vest. Also the cut...

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmm, I'm not a fan. I can't put my finger on it, perhaps it's wearing the jacket and vest at the same time. I think the jacket works better without the vest, or a different patterned vest. Also the cut...

He needs a better tailor.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
London Lounge/Lovat Big Blanket

He needs a better tailor.

Last edited:

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chobochobo, I didn't even order the vest, the tailor surprised me at my fitting by stating he had extra cloth left over and made a lapeled vest. At a 100 euros, it was an offer I could not resist. I would not personally have asked for lapels on the vest as the cloth is dense and spongy.

Kolecho, well fed men can't wear the close fitting stuff that others do, besides, I do not like to button my jackets, and prefer to wear them open with vests. I will never achieve the look that you wear and prefer, especially due to your smaller body type and tailoring tastes.

Lordsuperb, if my body looked as good as yours..who knows how good it would look. I've ordered a few Butler luxury wood hangers to rid me of these wired hangers

I'll post pics tonight of the vest alone, the jacket buttoned alone, and the jacket alone, yet left open to further showcase this gorgeous cloth

It was 54 degrees and cloudy today. I felt warm with this blanket and appreciate Michael Alden and the London Lounge members efforts at collaborating with Lovat to make this a reality

Last edited:

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm as well fed as you :)

It looks better just as an odd jacket, but if I'm being honest, the cut doesn't do you any favours. If this were RTW, fair enough but if this is bespoke, I'd want a better fit, particularly on the shoulders.

G

Griffindork

London Lounge/Lovat Big Blanket

Thanks for posting pics. I haven't been on London Lounge for a very long time - maybe even way back in the agjiffy days - but this looks very different than what I remember as the LL aesthetic. It's almost as if they've stolen all the patterns from porter & harding's glorious twelfth and fox's classic flannel, and now they need to move on and steal from holland & Sherry. But it makes no sense because those Holland & Sherry jacketings, almost without exception, weigh fewer than 17 ounces. Nonetheless, I like the pattern.

Last edited by a moderator:

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Michael Ay329 I really like the jacket...great cloth...the bold pattern looks very nice. It makes me regret not getting a length...but I have so many liabilities as it is...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads