• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I just can't decide between the Dark and Light. I would appreciate your thoughts. Best and TIA. DL

Given that you'll probably be wearing the jacket as a sport coat more often than you will as a suit jacket, I think you should pick the one that works best with your other trousers.

I live the dark olive, personally. If you pick the lighter colored olive, however, the jacket can be worn with khaki chinos and grey trousers, and the pants will be easier to pair with navy sport coats.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, Caccioppoli. I asked them to send some cloth to my tailor in Hong Kong, but they asked for a VAT number; without one, they will not ship outside the EU. As I mentioned before, I believe you can order through NSM if you are based in the US. If you are located someplace else, I do not know. Perhaps some of the other members can comment.

I think Caccioppoli has an agent in HK.

hippotamus

Reaction score
Wonder if anyone has any idea on the cloth "Clissold"

Saw it in an old cloth retailor in Tokyo 2 weeks ago, more old school feel of hand ...I might head back to Tokyo soon so will have a chance to check them out and pick some up.

Seems the only exposure online is from BnTailor ...

http://bntailor.tumblr.com/search/clissold

bamboo

Reaction score
Wonder if anyone has any idea on the cloth "Clissold"

Saw it in an old cloth retailor in Tokyo 2 weeks ago, more old school feel of hand ...I might head back to Tokyo soon so will have a chance to check them out and pick some up.

Seems the only exposure online is from BnTailor ...

http://bntailor.tumblr.com/search/clissold

No first hand experience but I read that they produced for Dormeuil, but now belong to HS group. an made cloth for Paul Smith. It looks less known mill who produce good value to price fabric. Please get some and let us know what you think.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, Caccioppoli. I asked them to send some cloth to my tailor in Hong Kong, but they asked for a VAT number; without one, they will not ship outside the EU. As I mentioned before, I believe you can order through NSM if you are based in the US. If you are located someplace else, I do not know. Perhaps some of the other members can comment.
Without wanting to sound like a total dummy, what is NSM?

Note: I am US based...

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion on these two shades of beige hopsack? The color difference is small, but the bottom one has a slight yellow tinge to it. The top is a bit more "stone" colored.

The idea of a slightly yellow-tinged beige sport coat doesn't sound appealing, but stone sometimes feels a bit too much like casual-Friday office-wear. I'm wondering if the bottom might be a slightly richer looking color when made into a jacket

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bottom looks better to me based on those pics.

Benjamin Chee HH

Reaction score

I'll be the first to request 2.5 meters of the large scale "LL Lounge brown houndstooth".

Would also love a gunclub like this in linen, with a slightly lighter shade of baby blue;

Larger scale herringbone in charcoal gray/ cream or brown/ tan would also be great.

Got it! I'm with you on all three, at the moment just waiting to hear back from the mill on what patterns are possible given the yarns available. This will be with W. Bill in case anyone was wondering, which still remains the best all-round linen for suiting I know of.

I've still got some custom glenplaid from W. Bill left (the last 6.5m from a run I did last year) -

And also the Bonfanti puppytooth 170/2 twill below -

I've got these for the 200/2 twill due to be finished this week, which is a special order fabric (well even more so than normal biggrin.gif) because they're the first ever from Bonfanti

Solid white
Solid blue
Solid sky blue
Sky blue stripes
Blue stripes

Benjamin Chee HH

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics