• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Styleforum and Epaulet at Alfargo's Market NYC (9/27 and 9/28)

This Friday and Saturday night, please join Styleforum and Epaulet at the esteemed Alfargo's Marketplace. It will take place at the Neue House on 25th Street and Park Ave. Everyone is welcome. Check out our Alpaca Project and have beverage on us.

Details can be found here

Fok and the Styleforum Team and Epaulet.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve made one deep, dark brown tuxedo with black facing and trouser braid. It looked fantastic. Don’t know how the client used it. It ended up at a resale shop and I thought about buying it because I liked it so much.
If you don’t do a tux, make a DB suit

Sad to think where it ended up.

I imagine the brown worked almost like midnight blue for the blacker-than-black effect.

hitsuji

Reaction score
I think if the fit is good it could look very nice. Obviously would not be my first or second dinner jacket. (First is black shawl DB, second would be same configuration in off white.)
The only tuxe I have is my suitsupply one that to be honest does not fit well on shoulders (big collar gap) so it will just be my first tuxedo. Im in between this and the 600gr midnight barathea…
I’ve made one deep, dark brown tuxedo with black facing and trouser braid. It looked fantastic. Don’t know how the client used it. It ended up at a resale shop and I thought about buying it because I liked it so much.
If you don’t do a tux, make a DB suit
That’s how I was planning to make it - a black silk facing double breasted tuxedo. The sample I have is very dark almost black (lots of people ive shown it to think its black)

In terms of just having a DB in barathea, is this a common weave to have as a common suit? My mind usually says it’s exclusive to Tuxedos but I don’t see why it cant be a suit. Just not common

Sad to think where it ended up.

I imagine the brown worked almost like midnight blue for the blacker-than-black effect.
That’s what I was trying to go for - midnight and black are the most common but im inbetween a midnight or this dark brown. The midnight is a lot heavier though which would help with the drape.

ZRH1

Reaction score
is the 600gr barathea the limited one from Fox? I have that as a suit and it absolutely wouldn't work for a dinner jacket, not even remotely. The weave is very open and the fabric is sporty.

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m doing a Minnis Rangoon circa 280g special run in mid grey POW check and dark blue POW check. ETA January/February 2025.

The check will be sized like the one from Fox Flannel’s POW check.

Please PM if you’re interested. Thanks!

View attachment 2254899 View attachment 2254901

lovely initative - will be in for sure! thank you for another fantastic special run 💪

hitsuji

Reaction score

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m doing a Minnis Rangoon circa 280g special run in mid grey POW check and dark blue POW check. ETA January/February 2025.

The check will be sized like the one from Fox Flannel’s POW check.

Please PM if you’re interested. Thanks!

View attachment 2254899 View attachment 2254901

I'm always bad with determining shade with swatches, will the grey PoW be something like the image below? Or will it be darker...

Pow Ex 2.jpg

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That shade would probably be at the very left of the sample sheet.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Smarter_than_Casual

Reaction score
No theres a new “cocktail collection” https://foxflannel.com/collections/cocktail-collection/products/cc14 quite nice from the sample i have.

How is the trousers for your suit if its that open?

I have a swatch here and want to make one in this as well.
I believe it is actually the same Cloth they used to do as Fox Drop.
I wouldnt call the weave open, but it is heavily textured and quite matte.
Drape should be fine for trousers though.
Definetly more of a suit than a dinner suit though in my opinion.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim__mk