• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many amazing fabrics!

Number 3 and 4 on the left pie both look like reverse or shadow stripes. Where are they from? Number 3 might be LL? What about the very last one on the left pile?
You’re right. It does appear that way.

Number 3 on the left is indeed the LL reverse stripe. My first length of this is at the tailor now. It will be a 1BPL.

Number 4 on the list is:
IMG_3381.jpeg

And the last one on the left is the second length of this London Lounge:
IMG_3382.jpeg

It is more blue than appears in the picture.

LJ1891

Reaction score

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Using jacketing for suiting.
I have suit length this fabric. Not very spongy. Duller than it looks in the picture.
Any advice on getting trousers made from this?

Thank you.

Attachments

• soxony jacketing .jpeg
    soxony jacketing .jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 92

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve got Zegna RTW pieces in my closet that are nearing 20 years old and a bespoke S130s from VBCs perennials that I didn’t bother getting a second pair of trousers with a date stamp of May 2006 going strong and no worse for the wear. To each their own but I find the stuff about Italian cloth or Super whatever’s being junk to mainly be just a bunch of hyperbole.

My objection to super 130s / 120s isn’t necessarily durability (which it is when you get up to super 180s), but its identity: is it a summer suit? Or a winter suit?

Often times, if it’s lightweight (summer) it does not breath enough for summer. Whereas if it’s for winter, it’s too light for walking around outside.

On a note about lightweight, I really hate the wrinkles that emerge too. Whereas with heavier fabrics, the wrinkles fall out nicely & I prefer mohair blends / frescos for summer suits.

Baked Potato

Reaction score
What do you guys think about wearing a “lighter” jacket with a heavier pair of trousers? I’ve been eyeing a rather nice wool/cashmere fabric from Rogna, which I’ve been thinking of using to make a jacket. It’s around 330g. My flannel trousers I have (and which I’ve been thinking of pairing with the jacket) are heavier (some around 370g and some 450g). Would it be odd to make that kind of pairing?

CLH03

Reaction score
What do you guys think about wearing a “lighter” jacket with a heavier pair of trousers? I’ve been eyeing a rather nice wool/cashmere fabric from Rogna, which I’ve been thinking of using to make a jacket. It’s around 330g. My flannel trousers I have (and which I’ve been thinking of pairing with the jacket) are heavier (some around 370g and some 450g). Would it be odd to make that kind of pairing?
I don’t really think so. 330 g isn’t exactly lightweight. I think as long as the textures work together, it’s ok.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Using jacketing for suiting.
I have suit length this fabric. Not very spongy. Duller than it looks in the picture.
Any advice on getting trousers made from this?

Thank you.
Assuming you want to try, consider getting them lined. That will take some of the stress out of the knees when you sit down. Otherwise, be aware that you might end up wearing the jacket separately more often than not.

oldworldelegance

Reaction score
You’re right. It does appear that way.

Number 3 on the left is indeed the LL reverse stripe. My first length of this is at the tailor now. It will be a 1BPL.

Number 4 on the list is:
View attachment 2093177
And the last one on the left is the second length of this London Lounge:
View attachment 2093179
It is more blue than appears in the picture.
Fantastic! Thanks for the pictures.

I love the reverse stripe. I'm looking forward to picking up my finished LL reverse stripe suit tomorrow (fingers crossed). Hardy Minis has some but the stripes could be a bit wider like the LL version.

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by 1BPL? 1 button ...?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads