• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ulster has a light pink shade named “blush” that I use for shirting. I probably have a length in my unfunded liability pile. It is not for sale but can take a photo if you are curious about the shade.

Slickman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may have asked this before, but I'll ask again since the hunt continues -- has anyone found an extremely light, dusty pink linen? Solid, no herringbone, just a plain light pink linen. Can't find this anywhere. Ideally suitable for trousers as well. I do understand why such a thing would not be popular...

check caccioppoli or ariston books, italians def have it somewhere, piacenza may have it mixed with some silk

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am doing a small run of a Minnis worsted wool heavy mockleno circa 400g. It is one that I have been experimenting with Minnis for some time. The ones in their bunch are 300g. This exclusive heavy version is woven with beefier yarns, has a sportier texture and uses two blue yarns to achieve a navy shade that is in-between what is offered in the bunch. The porosity is maintained and it will drape much better than the already awesome 300g version. ETA Feb/Mar 2023. Please PM if you're interested.

DE2C1E1B-E31D-4986-9899-1505D208B980.jpeg

9AF5262E-8897-4435-BDD7-38F214230C6B.jpeg

Last edited:

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn you! I am about to receive my three-piece suit in the 300g version. Now how will I be able to sleep at night? I am kidding of course. I highly recommend the cloth.

I am doing a small run of a Minnis worsted wool heavy mockleno circa 400g. It is one that I have been experimenting with Minnis for some time. The ones in their bunch are 300g. This exclusive heavy version is woven with beefier yarns, has a sportier texture and uses two blue yarns to achieve a navy shade that is in-between what is offered in the bunch. The porosity is maintained and it will drape much better than the already awesome 300g version. Please PM if you're interested.

View attachment 1849559
View attachment 1849560

Noirkw

Reaction score
I may have asked this before, but I'll ask again since the hunt continues -- has anyone found an extremely light, dusty pink linen? Solid, no herringbone, just a plain light pink linen. Can't find this anywhere. Ideally suitable for trousers as well. I do understand why such a thing would not be popular...

Baird Mcnutt has a light pink linen at 228 GSM in the Milltown collection https://www.bairdmcnuttirishlinen.com/product/milltown-light-pink

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Minnis should work great. I have one in the 10oz, and also a very soft-tailored one in Spring Ram mock Leno which is none too heavy.

camez_

Reaction score
I am doing a small run of a Minnis worsted wool heavy mockleno circa 400g. It is one that I have been experimenting with Minnis for some time. The ones in their bunch are 300g. This exclusive heavy version is woven with beefier yarns, has a sportier texture and uses two blue yarns to achieve a navy shade that is in-between what is offered in the bunch. The porosity is maintained and it will drape much better than the already awesome 300g version. Please PM if you're interested.

View attachment 1849559
View attachment 1849560

how does it compare to the dugdale mockleno, any idea? its a bit heavier (340g) than the stock but lighter than your proposition

i have a jacket in the dugdale mock leno and considering yours but there are some questions in the room that need answers

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how does it compare to the dugdale mockleno, any idea? its a bit heavier (340g) than the stock but lighter than your proposition

i have a jacket in the dugdale mock leno and considering yours but there are some questions in the room that need answers

It is beefier than the Dugdale mockleno and is made up two blue yarns.

Moo Wenwu

Reaction score
Can anyone show me what a windowpane like this would look like on a made up jacket? I like the idea of it, but I'm not sure if the brown would overpower the white or if it's too muted (attaching another image of a jacket I particularly like). Does anyone have suggestions for a cloth for this—a flannely, chalk stripe? Thanks!

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 108
  • tumblr_278d6e9aa257ad3f2d388b9786b411e7_96a117d6_1280.jpeg
    tumblr_278d6e9aa257ad3f2d388b9786b411e7_96a117d6_1280.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 134

xizenta

Reaction score
Does anyone have any picture of Drapers Ascot 18052 and 18056 made up? These are the 4-ply in charcoal and gray/brown. Thinking of ordering them into a 6x1 suit.

MrFingers

Reaction score
Anyone happen to have the dugdale wool cavalry twill in charcoal (4219) made up in trousers? Was considering the mid gray but decided to get the charcoal instead. I just want to make sure they don’t look “black” in real life, the swatch online appears to show the slightest bit of “speckling” and I’d really want this to be a deep charcoal but I know sometimes they tend to render themselves as just black

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads