• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shetterd

Reaction score
It is the same as LL Brisa, I think. Which is a fine alternative to the various Fresco inspired cloths out there.
When you say "alternative", is there a reason you would pick Bard/Brisa over Fresco or any other high-twist other than subjective preference?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
When you say "alternative", is there a reason you would pick Bard/Brisa over Fresco or any other high-twist other than subjective preference?
It is a bit heavier and more flexible than the Fresco blends you see most often, but not Italian or slick like the 4-ply Finmeresco can be. Can't compare workhorse durability as I'm not in suits for much of the summer. Excellent stuff, though.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I guess trousers will henceforth be optional for gentlemen.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
unfortunately, I never had a length of the pre-Harrisons’s H. Lesser Tropical bunch. But I have heard wonderful things. Harrisons’s has some lovely bunches, but they really missed the boat with paying attention to the old Lesser quality.

I love tropical bunches for summertime. In my mind, the old Rangoon (even the new runs of Rangoon from Kolecho) is the perfect balance of cool wearing drape.
I, too, use Rangoon almost exclusively for my business suiting. I write “almost” because I have a LL in Mare on order. Has anyone experienced the Mare first-hand?

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it was the named LL FdL plain flannel. Someone did include it in a pic of 4 different bolts, but I am having trouble finding it.
Is this the one you are thinking of? It is one of three LL lengths being made up now In Naples.
4C03A5C6-A603-4FC5-9A1C-B1E13209DAC6.jpeg

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I, too, use Rangoon almost exclusively for my business suiting. I write “almost” because I have a LL in Mare on order. Has anyone experienced the Mare first-hand?
I have some but it is not made up.

JHWilliams

Reaction score

Mare is still fairly new. I haven’t had my lengths made up yet. It doesn’t appear to have a weave as open as Rangoon, so it will be interesting to see how cool it wears. Lovely hand, though.

Comsol

Reaction score
Has anyone heard about the Holland and Sherry Dakota bunch being discontinued? I was hoping to order a couple of trousers in it this year, but the bunch no longer appears on Holland and Sherry’s website…
It looks like most of the whipcords and calvary twills have been moved to the new Seasonal Classics HS2295 book.

paborden

Reaction score
I may have asked this before, but I'll ask again since the hunt continues -- has anyone found an extremely light, dusty pink linen? Solid, no herringbone, just a plain light pink linen. Can't find this anywhere. Ideally suitable for trousers as well. I do understand why such a thing would not be popular...

JHWilliams

Reaction score
I may have asked this before, but I'll ask again since the hunt continues -- has anyone found an extremely light, dusty pink linen? Solid, no herringbone, just a plain light pink linen. Can't find this anywhere. Ideally suitable for trousers as well. I do understand why such a thing would not be popular...

JHWilliams

Reaction score

Ulster will definitely have the shade and weight you are seeking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads