• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am looking for a small piece of @dieworkwear blue houndstooth Minnis Fresco. I need to fix two patch pockets on a jacket that I am having made. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I did already email Derek directly but he is out.
tumblr_inline_o3c1b36CLC1qfex1b_500.jpg

Best and thanks,

DL-

All set thank you!

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use grey sharkskin or birdseye for an odd trouser?
I have a pair from Ed made from H&S sharkskin. I liked the visual texture of the swatch and the shade of grey so decided to go for it despite all of the reasons not to. I like them and think they work well as mid-weight odd trousers. I sometimes wish I had a suit jacket to go with them though, since the fabric really is nice.

paborden

Reaction score
Finally picked two fabrics for my next two overcoat orders.

fox_grey_twill_zps633db761.jpg

2_1154_e.jpg

And I'm trying to make a decision on styling for each. I'm actually fine if they're the same, but I'm trying to make a determination of what would best fit the fabric:

1) First Question - To Raglan or Not To Raglan
2) Second Question - Single Breasted or Double Breasted? To my eye double breasted raglan looks a little weird but maybe I have to warm up to it
3) Third Question - Belt or No Belt? Kind of the mind that if you have the fabric, might as well have a belt as an option.

Also I plan on going long, below knee on both.

Thoughts?

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. No. Birdseye feels too rounded, but you could try. Have also used puppytooth successfully ss a small scale pattern.

I have a pair from Ed made from H&S sharkskin. I liked the visual texture of the swatch and the shade of grey so decided to go for it despite all of the reasons not to. I like them and think they work well as mid-weight odd trousers. I sometimes wish I had a suit jacket to go with them though, since the fabric really is nice.

I have only used mid grey sharkskin as odd pants. It is fine despite some saying to the contrary.

I'm going to give the lessers birdseye a go for odd trousers.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

2_1154_e.jpg

And I'm trying to make a decision on styling for each. I'm actually fine if they're the same, but I'm trying to make a determination of what would best fit the fabric:

2) Second Question - Single Breasted or Double Breasted? To my eye double breasted raglan looks a little weird but maybe I have to warm up to it
3) Third Question - Belt or No Belt? Kind of the mind that if you have the fabric, might as well have a belt as an option.

Thoughts?

The herringbone would look great as a raglan sleeved SB with a belt and belted cuffs. Really classic.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

2_1154_e.jpg

Thoughts?
I'm actually intrigued by a DB Raglan. Certainly, it's a little more casual/rural, but if you can find a tailor to make it (and most London tailors, for example, won't touch Raglan sleeves) it could be pretty cool. You don't want the sharpest peak lapels, of course-- more like what is used on pea coats, whose name I forget. Maybe patch/flap pockets, too.

As for belts, I would hesitate, mostly because it seems like a bit of clutter and something else to go wrong. A half belt in back, sure. But not the kind that one ties or fastens in front.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm actually intrigued by a DB Raglan. Certainly, it's a little more casual/rural, but if you can find a tailor to make it (and most London tailors, for example, won't touch Raglan sleeves) it could be pretty cool. You don't want the sharpest peak lapels, of course-- more like what is used on pea coats, whose name I forget. Maybe patch/flap pockets, too.

As for belts, I would hesitate, mostly because it seems like a bit of clutter and something else to go wrong. A half belt in back, sure. But not the kind that one ties or fastens in front.

tumblr_ohltmc6wQV1s474uyo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nwtwquX68f1s474uyo1_1280.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members