• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sweet baybay jesus in the manger, quite the tutorial SF101 occurred in here last night.. but then it just all culminated at JCrew. And was kinda anti climactic. Going to bed last night, I thought he would be a g-ninja come sun up. Disappointed.
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
g-ninja would be SF401. He needs to reach that level first.
Haha - this is true..

Vecna

Reaction score
BR chino is $50. Epaulet is $135. Is there anything between that is of admirable quality? Basically, what's the best chino you can get under $100?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vecna
BR chino is $50. Epaulet is $135. Is there anything between that is of admirable quality? Basically, what's the best chino you can get under $100?

If you like really slim fitting pants then docker waders are a good pair of beaters for about 50 bucks

otherwise for sub 100 bucks its off to jcrew for you, my friend
nod[1].gif

or maybe save khaki

or life after denim?

theres also a whole thread on chinos a page or two back...check it

Ike

Reaction score
Masons have been half off on Gilt for a while. I love Masons and own several pairs. You do get better tailoring than Banana/mall brands in general - especially in the crotch, you'll notice the difference.

They're $88 when they come up, which has been almost weekly for a while. And... nobody's buying them. Get them while they're hot. Kinda.

Their tops are also nice, even though they're alpha-sized.

(I think it's just a lack of people on Gilt having any idea what Masons is)

voyaging

Reaction score
Looking to buy a wool coat, would I be better off getting charcoal (dark grey) or black?

And what about standard overcoat vs. peacoat?

Vaio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voyaging
Looking to buy a wool coat, would I be better off getting charcoal (dark grey) or black?

Perhaps providing a bit more info on your style of dress and we will be able to better assist you.
smile.gif

I would say black, and peacoat. (not knowing **** about you or what you wear/do)

soccerbud34

Reaction score
can someone recommend me where I can find non-leather jackets (in size XS ... I am 5'5) with asymmetrical zippers like the following?
1293235011.png
1293203742.jpg

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voyaging

Charcoal gray. More versatile. No overcoat. Your body frame will not look good in an overcoat. Philip Lim put out some peacoats that are slim fitting. Worth looking into.

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
peacoat, more versatile, charcoal grey, more versatile (and young looking...) an for now, shorter peacoats that are more tailored and cropped are in.

and soccerbud -- im not sure so i may be totally wrong, but number nine and julius and silent are good places to start your search? that genre of clothing is definitely beyond me.

soccerbud34

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cowsareforeating
peacoat, more versatile, charcoal grey, more versatile (and young looking...) an for now, shorter peacoats that are more tailored and cropped are in.

and soccerbud -- im not sure so i may be totally wrong, but number nine and julius and silent are good places to start your search? that genre of clothing is definitely beyond me.

Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
Are you baller enough to wear those? The second one is Julius, no?

haha, that's why I am looking for a non-leather version, and hopefully to keep it under 1k
redface.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads