• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trying on Mr. Portnoy's crown for a day

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
My February shoe damage report...not everything was acquired in February, but none have been worn, so I count them all.

252515665_dYNaZ-XL.jpg

Front to back, left to right:

- Four Grenson Masterpieces for PS and Henry Maxwell, then two Sutor Mantellassis from their top handfinished line

- Lattanzi for Asprey; Lobb Chelmer, 4800, terracotta calf; Lobb Osner, 8605, tan calf (here I wear Andrew's crown literally since I freed these three pairs from the Portnoy Shoeseum)

- C&J for RL Lagford, dark brown reverse calf, C&J for RL Marlow, dark brown cordovan; EG Dover, 202, black country calf; EG Teleford, 82, chestnut antique; Vass, 3636, midnight blue calf

- Four shell Aldens, and one reverse calf Alden

- Bespoke riding boots and bespoke boot trees from La Casa de Las Botas in Buenos Aires

Some closer shots:

252515668_4Mu5J-L.jpg

252515667_oLpAV-L.jpg

252515603_F6t8K-L.jpg

252515687_3oxX3-L.jpg

Argentina is a horse-mad country, and the perfect place to get bespoke riding boots. The dollar is also strong there. Some scenes from La Casa de Las Botas, since the boots are the most unusual item:

252517066_Jh7C7-L.jpg

It's a tiny shop, and hearkens back to an age when bespoke shoes and clothing were more of an everyday option.

252517064_HNMsk-L.jpg

252517094_X3C7S-L.jpg

252517092_bGqtE-L.jpg

The bootmaker at work.

252517106_YqzKE-L.jpg

Bespoke lasts stored with no romance.

252517099_FPtut-L.jpg

I settle details with the owner. As you can see from the photographs on the wall, this is little shop that is serious about its purpose.

Shots of the finished boots:

252515596_eHHrq-L.jpg

252515633_hLcm2-L.jpg

252515622_VVBaN-L.jpg

252515646_oZjSQ-L.jpg

252515645_LpMAg-L.jpg

Beautiful bespoke trees.

For comparison, from last year, February 2007 shoe damage:

134939794_H4g66-L.jpg

- B

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I salute you, beautiful additions, all. The bespoke boots are truly exceptional and it's nice to see my youngins' enjoying their new home.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wow - you have been busy!!

Beautiful shoes. Love the boots in particular.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Nice haul! Tell us more about the boots. Do they make anything other than full riding boots, like chukkas. I'm back in BA in November
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

BA is great. Yes, they offer chukkas and jodpurs, rtw and bespoke (there are chelseas on the desk in the photo of the owner and me above). But, LCdLB are primarily a serious bottier for riding, and their short boots are not the prettiest. If you get a short boot there, I would consider a paddock boot instead since that is a bit horsier.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I love the 4800 from Lobb, don't think it's too popular here but I think it's great. Great stuff there.

I like it too...it takes chisel toe literally.

- B

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very nice! you mentioned the dollar being strong there - approximately how much would a bespoke pair of riding boots cost in BA?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
very nice! you mentioned the dollar being strong there - approximately how much would a bespoke pair of riding boots cost in BA?

LCdLB is not the most expensive maker in BA...there is one other, whose name escapes me at the moment, who specializes in polo boots and who charges prices that would be familiar in the U.S. I'm also sure there are cheaper makers than LCdLB.

My boots and trees cost around $900 (I know...shocking). Basically, everything in Argentina that is made and sourced locally costs 1/3 for what a similar thing costs elsewhere in dollars. I really stocked up on wine, for example.

I would say LCdLB is all about fit and function, and refinement and prettiness of construction is secondary. What makes them handsome is a direct result of their utility.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
That's a nice set of trees.

Honestly, having tall boot trees carved just for your boots is a satisfying luxury that is hard to describe. They are also remarkably light...like my favorite shoe trees, which are the ones in my Saint Crispin's.

- B

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
LCdLB is not the most expensive maker in BA...there is one other, whose name escapes me at the moment, who specializes in polo boots and who charges prices that would be familiar in the U.S. I'm also sure there are cheaper makers than LCdLB.

Casa Fagliano, maybe?

If that is the one, it's in Hurlingham which is a hassle to get to from downtown Bs. As.

Great collection.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member