• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truman Boots

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amaretto Horsehide today. The denim is Zimbabwe 18's from Gustin.

pioeeCm.jpg

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sizing question/thoughts, sorry for being a noob.

I'm a Viberg 2030/2040 size 7
Alden Indy Trubalance 7.5
Alden Barrie from what I remember was 7.5
But my Brannock measures 8.5

I emailed vince for advice and he said 7.5 should be good and that it's normally .5 up from Vibergs but this thread and every other one is saying go TTS which is a whole size difference. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sizing question/thoughts, sorry for being a noob.

I'm a Viberg 2030/2040 size 7
Alden Indy Trubalance 7.5
Alden Barrie from what I remember was 7.5
But my Brannock measures 8.5

I emailed vince for advice and he said 7.5 should be good and that it's normally .5 up from Vibergs but this thread and every other one is saying go TTS which is a whole size difference. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

I wear the same size in Trubalance and Barrie, which is a half down from my Brannock. I got my Truman derbies in my Brannock size and they fit well. If the Aldens fit you well, I wouldn't go smaller than an 8.

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score
IMG_4331.JPG
Finally pulling trigger on MTO - anyone have any preferences or recs on Natural RO vs Coyote RO vs Gaucho Kudu RO?

I would go with Natural RO because I feel like Horweens cxl develops a more interesting patina as it ages. The gaucho is cool if you like that texture but it's not my thing. You could see the coyote roughout I have here. I would definitely go Horween if I could do it again.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Fantastic! Are they structured or unstructured and when did you put your order in? I am fairly certain I ordered as soon as they advertised having the leather -- waiting for an unstructured plain toe pair on Dainite. Those look great.

Jmccle2

Reaction score
^ Fantastic! Are they structured or unstructured and when did you put your order in? I am fairly certain I ordered as soon as they advertised having the leather -- waiting for an unstructured plain toe pair on Dainite. Those look great.
Thanks! These are unstructured. I did the same - put my order in when they posted on IG.

TheRiblet

Reaction score
Thanks! These are unstructured. I did the same - put my order in when they posted on IG.

Make that three of us. If you already received yours, that is impressive. I ordered the day they put the post on IG too. Just curious, did you receive a shipping notice? Did you know they were on the way? I did not receive a shipping notice on my last order but I have read that some people do receive shipping notices. I don't really care either way. The answer just might affect how often I go to the post office :)

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks...I love the half sole commando...for me it is the most versatile and comfortable to break in. I also never have to dress them up so the lugs are not problem...If I did have to dress them up once in a while I would request the commando front with a standard dainite heel. I think this pair will now have me selling a few other boots that I own as these will take their spot in the rotation for sure..

EDIT: and it seems that I can not figure out quotes either anymore....I am such an old cranky fart these days

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks...I love the half sole commando...for me it is the most versatile and comfortable to break in. I also never have to dress them up so the lugs are not problem...If I did have to dress them up once in a while I would request the commando front with a standard dainite heel. I think this pair will now have me selling a few other boots that I own as these will take their spot in the rotation for sure..

EDIT: and it seems that I can not figure out quotes either anymore....I am such an old cranky fart these days

Using "Reply" will automatically quote (and half-spoiler) whatever post you're clicking on. The "Quote" function is now multi-quote, so you'll notice a box appear in the "Quick Reply" at the bottom that says "Insert Quotes" and any post you've clicked the "Quote" button on will be pasted in. Clicking on the "Quote" again will delete that post from the list. So the "Quote" button now works almost like a shopping cart, where "Reply" quotes a single post. It is pretty good once you get used to it.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Using "Reply" will automatically quote (and half-spoiler) whatever post you're clicking on. The "Quote" function is now multi-quote, so you'll notice a box appear in the "Quick Reply" at the bottom that says "Insert Quotes" and any post you've clicked the "Quote" button on will be pasted in. Clicking on the "Quote" again will delete that post from the list. So the "Quote" button now works almost like a shopping cart, where "Reply" quotes a single post. It is pretty good once you get used to it.

Excellent - thanks!....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads