• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tour de France 2009 Thread

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
You know this may be the only time in my life I've wanted one specific rider to be involved with a crash. Not one that causes any injuries mind you. Maybe one where say, Contador slides down a grassy knoll and it takes him 1:45ish or so to get back to his bike.

No way. Contador does not deserve that. Also, based on past experience, Lance would wait for him to get back up.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
No way. Contador does not deserve that. Also, based on past experience, Lance would wait for him to get back up.

I'm not saying he deserves that, I don't even really want it to happen it is just that Lance is my boy and that's the only way I see Lance winning. Maybe he has one more Tour in him. Hard to think he has many more. If he races again I think next year he has a better shot of winning because he'll have had some more racing under his belt.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Contador deserves everything he's getting. he's got the tour under wraps, even if he does get double teamed by the schleck brother again they still aren't going to beat him by 3 minutes in the time trial. I'm expecting Contador to win tomorrows TT. He looked strong in the first one, got 2nd. I'm def pulling for him tomorrow.

Merckx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see Contador win, but I think he really screwed up today with that last attack. Kloeden has been doing yeoman's work protecting him in the Alps and that attack might have cost him a shot at the podium. There was no reason for it, and I don't care if Kloeden told him to go he should have been smarter than that.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Merckx
I'd like to see Contador win, but I think he really screwed up today with that last attack. Kloeden has been doing yeoman's work protecting him in the Alps and that attack might have cost him a shot at the podium. There was no reason for it, and I don't care if Kloeden told him to go he should have been smarter than that.

i didn't get to see much of the race today, mainly just the final results. I'm gonna try to catch one of the 20 Vs. repeats of the TDF this evening.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
I'm not saying he deserves that, I don't even really want it to happen it is just that Lance is my boy and that's the only way I see Lance winning. Maybe he has one more Tour in him. Hard to think he has many more. If he races again I think next year he has a better shot of winning because he'll have had some more racing under his belt.

I hear you. Nothing would make me happier than to have seen Lance in that Yellow, even if just for a day. But Contador is a class act, and a great rider, better in some ways, than Lance ever was. I mean, the guy has won all three of the Grand Tours.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Lance is about to start his TT. I expect him to knock off the two brothers, but I see the last real stage is a finish atop Mt. Ventoux. Lance cracked on that climb once in his prime. That is a killer mountain, and I really don't think we'll have the winner (or podium finishers) until the end of that stage.

Merckx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wiggins is tearin' it up so far, looks like everyone was correct that this was the guy to fear in this stage.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Merckx
Wiggins is tearin' it up so far, looks like everyone was correct that this was the guy to fear in this stage.

Yeah, when David M. says he's the guy to beat, you know it.

Merckx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Geezus, Contador is blazin'!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Ugh, back to back meetings in a few minutes. Don't these people know the TT is on?

Lance is looking so/so. Not the TT artist he once was, for sure.

Merckx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Ugh, back to back meetings in a few minutes. Don't these people know the TT is on?

Lance is looking so/so. Not the TT artist he once was, for sure.

Give me a phone number to call, I'll clue these people in on how important this stage is.
biggrin.gif

Merckx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Phenomenal run by Contador. To beat Cancellara is no small feat.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yup, I really think the winner can't be declared until Ventoux. That mountain has finished more than one cycling great.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK2024