• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top 10 wingtips

Bandit44

Reaction score
My favorites are no longer made. But you can find vintage examples or old stock if lucky.

Nettleton Traditionals
IMG_0005.jpg

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like longwing bluchers. Three options for me: Alden:
AF81_1.jpg
Allen Edmonds:
IMG_2448.jpg
Vintage Florsheim Imperial:
fl1ba9.jpg
Oh, yeah - Lighten up, Francis

cimabue

Reaction score
Man, if I saw those Nettletons (above) at Sal's Boutique, it would be "GTFOutta My Way!" (and then realize they're 2 sizes too small). I was with a friend once who scored a pair of shoes like that. Haven't gotten over it ten years later.

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
These are nice,gnatty. On my list to get at some point
inlove.gif

+1. The C&J Cliffords make my "list" as well. I remember a WAYWRN earlier in the year with a guy wearing them. Looked awesome.

Stony32

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crump's Brother
recommendations for wingtips <$200??

41V6ZrHjQQL._AA300_.jpg

Florsheim Imperial Kenmoor. Made in India. I got mine a year ago at the Florsheim Outlet for $160.00 shipped. Certainly not the best longwing you can buy, but good for the price. I added Vibrams and feel fine about wearing them in all weather conditions.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they received a lot of discussion...

DSC_2877.jpg

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Richard Pryor
I want to learn about shoes, but it's very difficult to learn when you have to read hundreds of threads with hundreds of pages that are full of bull$hit, inside jokes between members with 20k posts ("I'll be monitoring this thread"... Who cares, troll?), and smart a$$ comments.

Thanks!

Fair point.

Two wingtip that should be in top 10 are,
Vass budapester in antique cognac
http://www.vass-cipo.hu/Eng/Modellek..._003_Nagy.html
lt perfect shoe,
better with goyser construction.

Trickers jeremy
http://www.shoesinternational.co.uk/.../p/20136/st16/
Nicest trickers wingtip of all.
Best in tan calf.

rabiesinfrance

Reaction score
1. EG "Malvern", 202, chestnut. Perfection!
2. C&J "Clifford", 337, Tan
3. Tricker's "Bourton", 4444, Tan or Marron Antique
4. Grenson "Albert", 64, Rosewood
5. Pre-Prada Church's

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Can you guys provide a list of the consensus top wingtip shoes around here. Please provide either a link or a pic of the shoe. Doesn't have to be 10 shoes. Can be more... can be less.

Please limit yourself to posting the name of the brand, the model of the shoe, and a pic or a link.

If you want to say something else that's on your mind, go hijack someone else's thread. There are plenty of threads on this board that have gone way out of topic, so pick one of those if you want to ***** about something. If you want to increase your post count, go say hi to the newcomers in the Introduction section.

I want to learn about shoes, but it's very difficult to learn when you have to read hundreds of threads with hundreds of pages that are full of bull$hit, inside jokes between members with 20k posts ("I'll be monitoring this thread"... Who cares, troll?), and smart a$$ comments.

Thanks!

Hey dude!

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you guys provide a list of the consensus top wingtip shoes around here. Please provide either a link or a pic of the shoe. Doesn't have to be 10 shoes. Can be more... can be less.

Please limit yourself to posting the name of the brand, the model of the shoe, and a pic or a link.

If you want to say something else that's on your mind, go hijack someone else's thread. There are plenty of threads on this board that have gone way out of topic, so pick one of those if you want to ***** about something. If you want to increase your post count, go say hi to the newcomers in the Introduction section.

Thanks!

Dear Sir:
The wingtips you seek, are they for your country manor? As you know these wingtips are traditionally brown and are not for town. (As I am sure you are well aware, brown is for farmer.) If you are looking for shoes that would suffice at your country manor, I would suggest looking at Tricker's wingtip-styled boot. They give the appearance of a wingtip, with the protection of a boot for when you are walking through the horse stalls or perhaps out doing a bit of birding.

If, however, you are a man of the City, (perhaps The Kansas City?) you need the more refined wingtip. You need one that boldly states, "I have arrived in middle-management, my destined level of hell. Thou shall kneel at my wingtipped feet!" For that, there can be no better shoe than the Allen Edmonds Macneil. As you may know, Allen Edmonds are made in America, where the wingtip was traditionally the "Official Shoe of Business" (TM). That sadly has been repplaced with bicycle toes and pilgrim shoes. Anyways, I digress.

However, it is important that you look for Macneil seconds, or perhaps thirds. You will be able to save considerable amounts of money that can then be spent on other necessities at JAB, the SF approved outfitters of middle management everywhere. My friend, thrift is first stage in developing a conservative business dress wardrobe suited for your life station.

I have even more suggestions on the various wingtips and other sartorial issues that you will face. Given your gregarious nature, please do not hesitate to request more information in a future poast. I will subscribe to this thread to ensure that I can be of further service to you. Gooday to you sir!

Very truly yours,
Z

P.S. My personal tip, cuffs should always be at least 2 inches!!! Give the establishment bloody hell I say!

element02

Reaction score
Some of my favourites...

RL Darlton
Alden Longwing in Cigar, Whiskey or #8 shell
Tricker's Stow in expresso burnished or marron antique

Here is the Stow
2714countrystow.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads