• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tom Ford Suit Size Question

FlatSix

Reaction score
Hello this is Ian in the US.
I just ordered Tom Ford Windsor suit that is 56R size.
Normally 56R size fits me for other brands like Canali.
Will this Windsor fit me?
I’m 6’ 1’’ or 186cm
and 215~220lbs or 97~99kg
Thank you.

Rowyourboat

Reaction score
It really depends on your body dimensions i.e. waist, shoulder, etc. The Windsor cut (base A) is certainly roomier, not a slim-fit. Do you know your measurements for shoulder, sleeve length, chest, and waist?

FlatSix

Reaction score
It really depends on your body dimensions i.e. waist, shoulder, etc. The Windsor cut (base A) is certainly roomier, not a slim-fit. Do you know your measurements for shoulder, sleeve length, chest, and waist?
Thank you for the reply but I don’t know my measurements

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello this is Ian in the US.
I just ordered Tom Ford Windsor suit that is 56R size.
Normally 56R size fits me for other brands like Canali.
Will this Windsor fit me?
I’m 6’ 1’’ or 186cm
and 215~220lbs or 97~99kg
Thank you.

Short answer is ‘probably’. Long answer (as stated above) depends on your body dimensions.

Windsor is a regular fit, but not roomy. Interestingly, there are two Windsor trouser options when using MTM. Regular fit, or extra roomy fit (hem width measures 9 inches.

philwongnz

Reaction score
Windsor varies in actual physical size from season to season. For example I have blazers and suit jackets range from 46R to 52R (52 shoulder fits and body wider). I haven't worn Canali before, but Tom Ford Windsor in my opinion can consider to be "fitted" compared to other main stream brands (e.g Boss or Paul Smith). My measurements are, around 39 inches chest and 31ish/32 waist and Iam 5ft 10 around 75KG, I work out so my shoulders are slightly broader.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
konapus