• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thor (2011)

Nananine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
Anthony Hopkins is playing Odin.

frown.gif

Granted, it's a much MUCH better choice, but still :sadface:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
I guess morgan freeman as god won't work in this movie

Stick with Jonah Hex, gramps.
laugh.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
costume it comic accurate according to coipel's art.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Yeah, it's fine for a comic, but this is a movie. They need to cut that cartoony **** out with these movies, just take the original and use it as a loose foundation for something that actually looks good. The plasticky fakeness of it is distracting.

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
interesting. well hopefully I can become a fan when I watch the movie because I wasn't one growing up.

thanks.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Yeah, it's fine for a comic, but this is a movie. They need to cut that cartoony **** out with these movies, just take the original and use it as a loose foundation for something that actually looks good. The plasticky fakeness of it is distracting.

I believe one of the reasons marvel decided to co-produce these movies is so the characters/story are still faithful (to a certain degree) to the comics... specially after the ang lee hulk, daredevil and ghost rider.

perusingnature

Reaction score
noob question but what weakness does the god of thunder actually have? i'm wary of movies that make almost unstoppable superheroes because of the lack of depth behind the character i.e. superman. Being faithful to the comics may not sit well with mass audiences because if i recall (improperly maybe) Thor speaks in old English tongue. And i agree that the costume remains tacky and largely old school. He needs an update in the comics, thereby in the movie, to stay relevant nowadays imo. His costume and mannerisms are transplants from an era far too past.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, Marvel knows what they've been doing lately ever since they started taking control over their ****. I have faith.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by perusingnature
noob question but what weakness does the god of thunder actually have? i'm wary of movies that make almost unstoppable superheroes because of the lack of depth behind the character i.e. superman. Being faithful to the comics may not sit well with mass audiences because if i recall (improperly maybe) Thor speaks in old English tongue. And i agree that the costume remains tacky and largely old school. He needs an update in the comics, thereby in the movie, to stay relevant nowadays imo. His costume and mannerisms are transplants from an era far too past.

Being the Norse God you really can't update him too much, staying as close to the comics as possible is the best thing to do. Updating a character will only ruin the movie, trust me. With everything being so modern, ie: Iron Man, Spider-Man, Hulk, etc... something a bit older and more historic is a good change. You can't really say it is out-dated especially since the Lord of the Ring series were so successful.

I think the costume looks great and not costumey at all. I really like it. Now this is what I consider costumey:
Doctor%20Fate%20(Brent%20Stait)%20and%20Stargirl%20(Britt%20Irvin)%20Smallville%20Justice%20League%20episode.jpg

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
Iron Man, Thor....all of these movies are usless until we get to the Avengers full movie. No Scarlet Witch movie? No Sub-Mariner movie?? What?

I think they're sticking to the original Avengers; IronMan, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, AntMan, and The Wasp (I think).

Originally Posted by thekunk07
costume it comic accurate according to coipel's art.

Yep. I think the Coipel-updated costume is much better than the old-school spandex. I don't think that would translate well to a movie.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamonyx