• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I just don't understand the mentality that makes so many of these idiots upset when you point out to them the rest of the world is not willing to wait for their texting.

People don't like getting called out when they're wrong. Defense mechanisms and all.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like laugh at people who get all wound up in situations where they're either overreacting or in the wrong, and I make sure they see it. I like to give the really irate ones a little shudder (like Kevin Pollack in the "fucko" scene in The Usual Suspects) to let them know how intimidated I am by their badassery.

I'm probably going to end up murdered by some overcompensating redneck in a 1987 F-250, but it has been fun while it lasted.

People don't like getting called out when they're wrong. Defense mechanisms and all.

This is the correct answer.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I grew up where people just tend to apologize in these situations. It's actually one of the more endearing qualities of my homeland.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I grew up where people just tend to apologize in these situations. It's actually one of the more endearing qualities of my homeland.

I was taught that when you do something like this, you give a friendly wave, and it's all good. You screwed up, someone pointed it out, and you acknowledged it, and nobody was worse for the wear.

That's not what the special snowflake under-30s you initially referenced were taught, so having their stupidity pointed out is an affront to which they respond defensively.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I was taught that when you do something like this, you give a friendly wave, and it's all good. You screwed up, someone pointed it out, and you acknowledged it, and nobody was worse for the wear.

That's not what the special snowflake under-30s you initially referenced were taught, so having their stupidity pointed out is an affront to which they respond defensively.

Mr.G., calling out the Millennials. Welcome to middle age!

:fistbump:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Mr.G., calling out the Millennials. Welcome to middle age!

:fistbump:

:laugh:

MrsG is often amused by my ability to blame all of the world's ills on Boomers and/or Millennials. So, in my defense, it's not just the young people I hate.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You freakin' kids .When I grew up total strangers slapped you on the back of the head and your mom or dad thanked them.

brokencycle

Reaction score
laugh.gif

MrsG is often amused by my ability to blame all of the world's ills on Boomers and/or Millennials. So, in my defense, it's not just the young people I hate.

I still think there are two subsets of millennials. There are actual Millennials and Gen Y. Both my wife and I were born in 1987, we can remember a time before internet and all the gadgets we have today. It just seems like a divide even among my siblings who grew up a few years later.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember a time before there was television. I blame all you little ***** for everything.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I blame all you little ***** for everything.

You're welcome for basically everything being better now.

Did you have a woobie in your day? Even they have been improved by us. I know I know how to improve on perfect?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads