• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I did not claim every car does but I see a shitload of people driving around in cars that should have bluetooth given it's almost ubiquitous distribution in the last several years.

Also, if your vehicle does not have BT, but you insist and yapping on the phone as soon as you get behind the wheel, why not get an earbud? You already look like a douche so at least be a safer douche.

People are lazy. Some feel that they are just running an errand and just plop their phone on the seat thinking that they won;t need it. Then they get a call and have to actually pick it up and use it. Yep unsafe. People don;t learn.

I had a friend who would do that with me in the car. I told him to cut that **** out. if he wants to get in an accident by himself, go for it. But don;t do that **** with me in the car.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

People are lazy. Some feel that they are just running an errand and just plop their phone on the seat thinking that they won;t need it. Then they get a call and have to actually pick it up and use it. Yep unsafe. People don;t learn.

I had a friend who would do that with me in the car. I told him to cut that **** out. if he wants to get in an accident by himself, go for it. But don;t do that **** with me in the car.

No, you're not getting it. There's a crowd of folks that get in the car, start the car, DIAL THE PHONE, then put it in drive. I hate them.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Why people don't hook up their cell phones to vehicle bluetooth. I mean, it's bad enough you have to plaster your bedazzled cellphone to your fat ear as soon as you plant your ass behind the wheel but why not at least use the vehicle's bluetooth so you have your hands free and can see a little better? You're a ****** driver to start off with so you need all the help you can get.

I drove recently after not driving for a while. It was a new, modern car where the dashboard looked like you could launch a NASA spaceship from it. It took me 2 hours to figure out how to turn on the windshield wipers. It also took me 30 minutes to figure out how to pump gas. I grew up in Jersey, I never had to do it myself!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I drove recently after not driving for a while. It was a new, modern car where the dashboard looked like you could launch a NASA spaceship from it. It took me 2 hours to figure out how to turn on the windshield wipers. It also took me 30 minutes to figure out how to pump gas. I grew up in Jersey, I never had to do it myself!

Hipsters!

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Why people don't hook up their cell phones to vehicle bluetooth. I mean, it's bad enough you have to plaster your bedazzled cellphone to your fat ear as soon as you plant your ass behind the wheel but why not at least use the vehicle's bluetooth so you have your hands free and can see a little better? You're a ****** driver to start off with so you need all the help you can get.

This morning, I watched a woman miss a green light cycle because she was staring at her phone. The person behind her didn't honk at her because they were also staring at their phone and had no idea.

It looked like the kid in the car noticed, but knew better than to interrupt mommy when she's busy.

Not every car has bluetooth.

You can add bluetooth to a car very cheaply...
From a little bluetooth box that clips to the visor and has a speaker/mic (or just an earbud), to a little puck that plugs into an AUX jack, to a unit that integrates with your factory stereo and makes it feel built in.

The integrated units are over $100 and are obviously model specific, but they are also pretty slick. Depending on the model, you can even control them using the stock head unit controls.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On a related note, more people keep ******* taking their cell phone calls on speaker. I want to drop a building on them

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

On a related note, more people keep ******* taking their cell phone calls on speaker. I want to drop a building on them

When I get my Apple Watch delivered, I'll be sure to take my calls on it and follow you around.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
White girls with dreadlocks.

Also, people who get fountain sodas and fill the cup 90% full of ice. Are they planning on taking two hours to drink it? Do they think it makes the drink colder?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Conversation in the restroom:

Person: Man I got trouble urinating but it seems like you got a good streeng of urine from the organ.
Me: That is not a proper topic for conversation just isn't.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That would be too nice. I would prefer to take the phone and ram it down their throat. Srsly what is with this? Put phone on speaker, hold at arm's length in front of face and scream at the phone. Some asshole was doing this in the surgery waiting room the other morning while I was there. It's early, quiet, people are stressed waiting for relatives… you get the scene. This **** face starts this **** going for about 1 minute which was precisely my length of patience. I guarantee you it was quiet in that waiting room the rest of the time I was there.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think AY spends so much time in spreadsheets that he has forgotten how to communicate with humans.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Can't remember if I posted about it, but one morning in the last several weeks, some asshole directly in front of me at Sbx was doing this. I let it slide until he got up to the register and kept talking. After about 20 seconds of the cashier staring at him expectantly I just pushed him to the side and ordered. He told the person he was on speakerphone, "Someone just pushed me out of the way!" The other person laughed.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I do it so I drink less soda.

It's actually worth paying two bucks for a couple ounces of soda?

I drink the diet stuff, so I'm totally unconcerned with how much I drink. Pretty much fizzy water as far as I'm concerned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads