• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
weird story...

my wife ordered a special baby outfit for pictures with santa. it never showed up. tracking didn't show delivered. it was a whole ordeal, but she finally got a replacement sent.

fast forward to yesterday... i see a package in a poly bag thrown on my lawn. mailman never does that. ups/fedex carry packages up to my porch. i grab it, and it's torn open. inside... the baby outfit. the inner bags were torn open, too, with the clothes put back in them. they smelled like they had been in someone's nasty house.

so, what happened? someone stole the package out of my mailbox? it got delivered to the wrong address? the people ripped it open to use or sell it, but were overcome by guilt and decided to return it by driving by and throwing it out the car window?

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe they had... other uses for it?
nph13.gif

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

tweedlover

Reaction score
They’re racist for assuming that field work is only done in black and immigrant communities
When I did my grad work in social work over 40 years ago, we used field work and practicum interchangeably. My dad was a farmer and, given the very rural, isolated pocket of the very rural state I grew up in, all you saw in the field was us "whities.";)

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is quality

As it happens I know someone who is an academic in Social Work and the USC school has a reputation for being an extraordinarily unpleasant place to work.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FmOE7u4X0AACXT5

FmOE7vAX0BcVFmp

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new favorite is to watch news clips of him uncomfortably squirming through the throngs of people at the elevator and hallways yelling questions at him.
He does, however, have that iffy look about him where I could see him shooting up the place at some point...

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You know what...I see it.

Maybe it is a little out there, but yeah, I see the issue with forcing students to do unpaid labor and calling it "field work".

It was BS when my wife did it. She was working a legit part time job, handling paying clients, and got no compensation. It was required for the degree, there's no way around it. It just feeds free labor into these organizations. In her second year (when she was doing actual mental health therapy) she did at least get some good supervision out of the deal, but the first year field placement was mostly just admin work at a social work nonprofit. It was work that could have been done by any college graduate (like helping refugees fill out paperwork to get their kids in school) and didn't come with any therapy training/supervision or credit towards a clinical license.

Unfortunately it seems USC's tactic here is "rename slavery" rather than "pay your fuckíng interns"

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What do we not get about George Santos’s resume? Does he seem underqualified? Because AOC was a bartender and i don’t want to even get into the trash that runs for office in south Florida. (My favorite is the judicial candidate that has zero trial experience in any capacity)

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do we not get about George Santos’s resume? Does he seem underqualified? Because AOC was a bartender and i don’t want to even get into the trash that runs for office in south Florida. (My favorite is the judicial candidate that has zero trial experience in any capacity)
Unqualified people run for office all the time. Hell, Boebert didn't even graduate high school. That's not the issue with Santos. The issue is that his resume is, aside from his name, entirely a lie. He didn't work at any of those jobs, he didn't earn any of those degrees, he didn't even go to any of those schools. He's a complete fraud. If he had run and been elected as a broke, unemployed dude with a criminal record in Brazil and multiple legal evictions, everyone would've laughed at him for a day and moved on. But this... this is a whole new level of batshit.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well AOC never lied about her background, education, religion, work experience, etc..

At this point, I wouldn't even by surprised if he lied about his name.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads