• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

now THAT'S one guy I'd pay to see.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At our staff Christmas party the other night I bought a round for everyone and got high fives and lots of cheerses. I suppose we're just being polite Canadians, but you don't need to thank me that profusely when I'm going to expense the drinks anyway.

/humblebrag

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

At our staff Christmas party the other night I bought a round for everyone and got high...

Just FYI this is how your post preview looks like on the mobile view. It definitely made me view the thread

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ perfect edit! :happy:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I will admit I'm unsure as to the nature of the humblebrag. :confused:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I actually listened to Interpol's first album this weekend. I've had it for eight years or whatever, and it has never been elevated beyond the occasional listen. "Evil" was an excellent song, but they're just sort of unremarkable to me. They're alright if I want a little nostalgia from that time period - they sound like the mid-00s to me - but, other than "Evil," they don't have any real standouts.

Last edited:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How does Linkin Park still exist? How do any of those bands still exist?

Linkin Park has always been overproduced crap. Just grating.

CSB: About 15 years ago, I was at a Kottonmouth Kings concert, and LP was the first of two opening bands (the second was a group called Corporate Avenger). I'd never heard of LP, so I certainly didn't bother to show up to see them (and wouldn't have even if I had heard of them), but during the KMK set, some dude was wandering around the audience basically begging us to take a tape. It turns out it was "One Step," the single from their upcoming debut album. I've always wondered if I could have made any cash on that back when LP was popular. I'm pretty sure I still have it in a box of old junk somewhere, probably next to the hematite rings from my ears and lip.

I also once left a show they were headlining because I had no desire to see them. I'd really only paid to see earlier bands.

Apparently, I had a thing for avoiding Linkin Park around the turn of the century.

Out of that line up, if they were playing their classic stuff, it's the Pumpkins I'd most care to see.

If U2 had shown up, if they played stuff from the Joshua Tree back I'd pick them.

Yeah, Pumpkins would be my choice, too. Funnily enough, I wasn't a big fan of theirs during their heyday, but they're a band I've been meaning to back and revisit.

From that list, I've only seen one band - System of a Down. They opened for Limp Bizkit in like '99. I never got into System of a Down, but they really put on a solid show. Lots of fun and more than a little crazy.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Out of that line up it's Bush that I jam along to on a few songs as they're easy to play. :laugh:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I actually listened to Interpol's first album this weekend. I've had it for eight years or whatever, and it has never been elevated beyond the occasional listen. "Evil" was an excellent song, but they're just sort of unremarkable to me. They're alright if I want a little nostalgia from that time period - they sound like the mid-00s to me - but, other than "Evil," they don't have any real standouts.

Are they sort of like Nickelback?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is on the short list of my very favorite songs of all times. If you listen to this, you will come to appreciate Interpol.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads