• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is no homosexuals in Iran.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get why anyone would buy a supermarket freezer section pie over a normal fresh pie from the bake goods section.

Instructions say you have to bake it for 60-70min then you have to wait 2 ******* hours before consuming.

Thats over 3 ******* hours of baking and waiting just to eat pie.

Kira

Reaction score
Both of those pies are loaded with a lot of really bad ingredients..

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Baking an actual pie from scratch will take you half a day… and it will probably suck.

Last edited:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't get why anyone would buy a supermarket freezer section pie over a normal fresh pie from the bake goods section.

Instructions say you have to bake it for 60-70min then you have to wait 2 ******* hours before consuming.

Thats over 3 ******* hours of baking and waiting just to eat pie.

The bakery at my local grocery store blows. I'd probably prefer some frozen pie to the junk they bake on site.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I don't get the cupcake fad.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And gods forbid you use a food processor!

idk about that, but srsly, baking pies well is not easy. Depends on the fruit, moisture content, making a really good crust and keeping it crisp on the bottom. Totally random, but interesting fact... a friend of mine is good friends with Kenny G and apparently he makes pies that literally will blow your ******* mind. It's like a thing with his bros to try to get him to bring you a pie because they're so good. Weird huh?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are some people I know in real life who act like they've been personally betrayed when their favorite bands make records they don't like. It's hard for me to participate in conversations like that just be like "Man you gotta have some perspective on matters of life and also relax."

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's so hard about making pie?

There is a reason it is a turn of phrase...it is really easy.

Maybe you won't make the best crust in the world, but you won't be that much worse than frozen crust...and the fillings are basically baked sugar...hard to get that wrong.

You have to be a gigantic fuckup to make inedible pie. That's the whole reason grocery store pie is still good--even with the apathetic effort put into them, they still taste decent.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I may be the wrong person to ask...the only pie I know how to make is cream pie

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ You basically support my point.. yes, decent, good pie is easy. A truly excellent pie and crust is not. That's it. I mean really.. the majority of people cannot even bake decent cookies much less pie.

Last edited:

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And gods forbid you use a food processor!

idk about that, but srsly, baking pies well is not easy. Depends on the fruit, moisture content, making a really good crust and keeping it crisp on the bottom. Totally random, but interesting fact... a friend of mine is good friends with Kenny G and apparently he makes pies that literally will blow your ******* mind. It's like a thing with his bros to try to get him to bring you a pie because they're so good. Weird huh?

Old joke that apparently everyone forgot :/

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Food processors are for lazy assholes that don't deserve to call themselves civilized, much less cooks.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SonnyCrockett