• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
My best friend growing up (RIP) and I would get into Risk games that would take all week to finish.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pinochle or mexican train

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've noticed our downtown has developed phone zones . It is a spot in the shade with a blank wall where people gather to look at their phones . Kinda like when everybody used to smoke .

This message sent from my iPhone

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My fav thing is smoking *and* looking at my phone. Don't like to gather though. If you're in the mood to gather best be in the mood to gab too.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not sure its even legal to smoke in cali anymore ,what ever I quit for my last time 20 years ago.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've noticed a little bit of a resurgence of public smoking lately. it's very glamorous.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved smoking just made me feel like crap and I when I do its pack a day+ .

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ever since I was a child I always thought cigarette smoking looked stylish. I'm surprised I've never taken it up. I smoke pipe tobacco about once a month though and love it. It's the most relaxing way to spend time thinking.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a friend who doesn't know how to take advice. He asks for it, but if you don't tell him what he wants to hear, he gets upset with you. So I told him never to ask for my ******* advice again because I will not give it. I won't even respond to his ******* questions.

So here we are at dinner and he's asking for career advice and apartment/real estate advice. So my response is to go get fucked **********/try out Cleveland steamers/learn how to toss his roommates' salad.

He's starting to get annoyed but he needs to understand that no one is going to give advice to someone who punishes his friends for giving that advice.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The big problem with risk is player elimination. If you get eliminated early, you might have another 2 hours to go before your friends finish.

Is suggest either Smallworld or the Game of Thrones board game as thematically similar alternatives to risk. The former being shorter and simpler to learn, the latter being a backstabby epic battle of world domination (don't play with friends who will hold a grudge and can't handle you lying to, misleading, and generally ******* them over).

brokencycle

Reaction score
I have a friend who doesn't know how to take advice. He asks for it, but if you don't tell him what he wants to hear, he gets upset with you. So I told him never to ask for my ******* advice again because I will not give it. I won't even respond to his ******* questions.

So here we are at dinner and he's asking for career advice and apartment/real estate advice. So my response is to go get fucked **********/try out Cleveland steamers/learn how to toss his roommates' salad.

He's starting to get annoyed but he needs to understand that no one is going to give advice to someone who punishes his friends for giving that advice.

My brother can't take advice either. He won't be a dick about it, but he'll always do what he was planning anyway which always leads to poor results, and he goes "I should have listened to you."

anzar

Reaction score
I dont understand what is fun in taking so many selfies in a single day and even not changing place or attire.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its called narcissism. Its so prevalent these days entire generations don't even know its a disorder.Kinda like Pride being one of the Seven Deadly Sins

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads